Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dragon Sport Vs. Potenza?

Baroot

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 2017
Hello people, so i have these crappy Supercat and Dayton tyres, and tired of sliding in wet roads. Any suggestions for me?

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
Do a search on the forums for tyre preferences and you’ll find that an overwhelming preference goes to the Michelin PS4S, though the Bridgestone RE003 also gets well rated and can be had during Bridgestone 3 for 4 promotions.

As an owner of a vehicle with the Dragon Sport, it is an okay tyre that won’t slip much but isn’t that precise in steering and will last 40000kms, with the final 10000kms even less precise than the start.

Panda69

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SS-V Redline
Do a search on the forums for tyre preferences and you’ll find that an overwhelming preference goes to the Michelin PS4S, though the Bridgestone RE003 also gets well rated and can be had during Bridgestone 3 for 4 promotions.

As an owner of a vehicle with the Dragon Sport, it is an okay tyre that won’t slip much but isn’t that precise in steering and will last 40000kms, with the final 10000kms even less precise than the start.
I’ve got Dragon Sporte on my VF Redline, as it was challenging at the time to get decent tyres delivered during the worst of COVID due to lock downs etc and needed new tyres for rego, so had no choice.

They are ok. Could do a lot worse.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
you’ll find that an overwhelming preference goes to the Michelin PS4S, though the Bridgestone RE003 also gets well rated
RE003's are good but are only the entry level Bridgestone performance tyre. S007A's are the Bridgestone equivalent to Michelin PS4S and are slightly cheaper and equally as good in my experience.

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
I got RE003's not long ago on the 4 for 3 deal. I've hardly done any kms since having them fitted. On a VE SS they are noisy, probably less noticeable in a VF. I can't really say what they're like in the wet as I don't use the SS daily.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

I'm at 43,xxx now on the Dragon Sport.

Will be interesting to see how the next 10k go.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I've had Dragons before and they performed quite well. Didn't last long though being a sports tyre.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
I got RE003's not long ago on the 4 for 3 deal. I've hardly done any kms since having them fitted. On a VE SS they are noisy, probably less noticeable in a VF. I can't really say what they're like in the wet as I don't use the SS daily.
We've got 245/45 18 RE003's on a VF II SV6 Ute and I didn't think they were noisy. They ride, steer and handle nice and are reasonably priced.