Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dragstrips/Racetracks

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I did hear round the traps with burnout cars, there were idiots dropping what ever motor they could in any old shitebox and go skid it...Alot of them were deathtraps prompting a clamp down on cars entering comps.

Unfortunately it takes a few d heads doing this sort of crap to spoil it for everyone else, hence the clamp down..
Over here people were doing just that. Welded diff, junk old mang V6 eco and Buicks, dented up and cars with every panel a different colour. Many were doing it as cheap as possible.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Over here people were doing just that. Welded diff, junk old mang V6 eco and Buicks, dented up and cars with every panel a different colour. Many were doing it as cheap as possible.

I did hear one rumour that some knobhead put some foreign motor into a car not too well, and had the flywheel explode.....So that was the beginning of all these changes.

Of course I don't know if there is any truth to the rumour but I have seen some dodgy looking engine swaps in skid pigs...

I have a pic on my phone of a turbo barra in a Rodeo....It has a flimsey piece of steel bolted to the block and a single 13MM nut and bolt bolted to another flimsey piece of steel welded to the chassis...

That's the sort of shite the promotors are trying to keep out of comps for obvious reasons...

Hole Denn

Reaction score
Members Ride
HoleDens
I'm keen for a go on the track. I have missed drag racing. All the burnout crew is excited with this video today.
Will be shake up for the adelaide burnout community, all the bitching will increase 10 fold now :D

we did :D

I know lining the pockets of the Shahins is not favoured, but couldn't pass up the chance to go full wanker and have my name on the track. :cool:
good on ya, some like people walking on them haha
Ah the idea of getting laid and high heels/rubber walking on your back does sound appealing but thats for another site. :cool:

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
You are around here though!
(Considered a person of good standing.)
So sweet. But my driving record prohibits my ability to purchase at auction vehicles that have been seized and I cannot be a police officer or hold a driving instruction permit.
I know of these 3 things as investigations into various career changes :D

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
I did hear one rumour that some knobhead put some foreign motor into a car not too well, and had the flywheel explode.....So that was the beginning of all these changes.

Of course I don't know if there is any truth to the rumour but I have seen some dodgy looking engine swaps in skid pigs...

I have a pic on my phone of a turbo barra in a Rodeo....It has a flimsey piece of steel bolted to the block and a single 13MM nut and bolt bolted to another flimsey piece of steel welded to the chassis...

That's the sort of shite the promotors are trying to keep out of comps for obvious reasons...
The rules were coming in, in SA before this happened more recently in SA.

Happened at drags when I was a kid too. It’s not new.

Fires at RCN a few years ago when a spectator got badly burnt had the fencing moved back and fire suits for drivers and passengers become standard in all cars at ‘nats events.

AASA insurance requirements and the vehicle log book are the things that have got people most upset. But it’s literally safety. Tailshaft loops are standard in most motor sport events now. Ensuring fuel tanks are protected from shredded tyres puncturing them seems logical but people get big mad about having to put a plate in the wheel well.

Batteries tied down, seat belts that work, headlights for night events, neutral switches. These are all scrutinised items that I watched people argue about. Like come on!

After watching dude nearly lose a leg at a pad from flywheel letting go about 2yrs ago, I expected more rules around motor swaps and safety, but didn’t see as many as I expected.

It’s still quite loose, but people still bitch.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
So sweet. But my driving record prohibits my ability to purchase at auction vehicles that have been seized and I cannot be a police officer or hold a driving instruction permit.
I know of these 3 things as investigations into various career changes :D
Hope you weren't to disheartened not being able to be a police officer.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Hope you weren't to disheartened not being able to be a police officer.
I got over it. I ended up at the police seminar & real estate seminars, as well as checking out becoming a driving instructor lol

Good thing I got through the redundancy round unscathed and didn't take up a new career after all.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
I always wanted to become a Police Officer but I left high school after Year 11 to start my career (went to tafe instead of doing year 12).

And apparently year 12 is a requirement to be a cop....go figure.

I'd have thought that there would be a lot more pre-requisites of a person over their educational status.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
I always wanted to become a Police Officer but I left high school after Year 11 to start my career (went to tafe instead of doing year 12).

And apparently year 12 is a requirement to be a cop....go figure.

I'd have thought that there would be a lot more pre-requisites of a person over their educational status.
that wasn't a barrier when I checked, after 30 or 35, they drop a bunch of requirements. I think education is one, the fitness requirements change also. But when they got to driving etc, they said to speak to them after the seminar. I hypothetically asked what if I had had a disqualification for points, and they said 1 a long time ago would likely be okay if it was clean after. I asked what if more than 1? - flat out no, that's unacceptable as could be used against the officer in the future lol yeah so that ended that bit :D

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
that wasn't a barrier when I checked, after 30 or 35, they drop a bunch of requirements. I think education is one, the fitness requirements change also. But when they got to driving etc, they said to speak to them after the seminar. I hypothetically asked what if I had had a disqualification for points, and they said 1 a long time ago would likely be okay if it was clean after. I asked what if more than 1? - flat out no, that's unacceptable as could be used against the officer in the future lol yeah so that ended that bit :D
Aaaah ok, things may have also changed since I last looked. I was looking about 10 years ago, I think they are getting a bit more short staffed and desperate these days.

Looks like a lot of requirements have been "relaxed" of late.