Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Drama vol. 3 -Parking brake warning light - limp mode - TCM error

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
As it is an electronic TCM failure, as mentioned by Anthony, guess we can discount crud in the fluid :cool:
BUT it is the valve controller so you theory could be correct but hard to prove. I can't see if the lines from the cooler drain back into the trans or the fluid is used through the transmission after the filter.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Yeah...I looked up the part. No doubt it was electronic
Ron
I spoke to a friend last night over the phone and he as a sports wagon with a LS3 with piston slap so Holden dealer had to change the Engine (the second one was bad too from new) and at the same time he complained to Holden that he has a transmission oil leak in between the engine to the auto gearbox so After they replaced the Engine, They fixed the Oil leak (converter seal was leaking) and when he got the car back the car was fine except he still had piston slap bit but not as bad like the original engine but only two weeks later after driver the car the the car spat out coded and the Auto box was not working correctly. Yes the car wont down shift correctly he said to me, + sometime when he accelerated it will stick in that gear and wont change.
Now Holden Change the EXACT Device on the gearbox what you have shown above and he said to me something about the Connector was damaged with WATER (Corrosion was spotted)or something like this.
Personally your poor car has been damaged with the Engine Changes, possible pulled the gear box out too, Possible damaged that socket that my friend was talking about, or shi.t in the auto lines.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Ron
I spoke to a friend last night over the phone and he as a sports wagon with a LS3 with piston slap so Holden dealer had to change the Engine (the second one was bad too from new) and at the same time he complained to Holden that he has a transmission oil leak in between the engine to the auto gearbox so After they replaced the Engine, They fixed the Oil leak (converter seal was leaking) and when he got the car back the car was fine except he still had piston slap bit but not as bad like the original engine but only two weeks later after driver the car the the car spat out coded and the Auto box was not working correctly. Yes the car wont down shift correctly he said to me, + sometime when he accelerated it will stick in that gear and wont change.
Now Holden Change the EXACT Device on the gearbox what you have shown above and he said to me something about the Connector was damaged with WATER (Corrosion was spotted)or something like this.
Personally your poor car has been damaged with the Engine Changes, possible pulled the gear box out too, Possible damaged that socket that my friend was talking about, or shi.t in the auto lines.

This happened almost year and a half after engine swap. Most likely completely unrelated.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
This happened almost year and a half after engine swap. Most likely completely unrelated.
Most likely completely unrelated, but if it was the connector being corroded that causes the issue like my friend car was that he has some gear or not,,,, going up and down shift this would take time to become a fault if it was a corrosion. Funny thing is he also had a power steering failure in the same car in that connector that was well known to have a bad connection and it took over 12 months to appear like my Caprice had..
The trouble is Holden will never tell you what the issue was and what caused it to fail except they change that part but you would like to see if something is odd or corroded. I don't really know if that electronic part plugs in the the car harness, I'm only speculation

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Most likely completely unrelated, but if it was the connector being corroded that causes the issue like my friend car was that he has some gear or not,,,, going up and down shift this would take time to become a fault if it was a corrosion. Funny thing is he also had a power steering failure in the same car in that connector that was well known to have a bad connection and it took over 12 months to appear like my Caprice had..
The trouble is Holden will never tell you what the issue was and what caused it to fail except they change that part but you would like to see if something is odd or corroded. I don't really know if that electronic part plugs in the the car harness, I'm only speculation
In my case, the car was stuck in 3rd gear. Gearstick light not illuminated. Reverse camera not working and couple warning lights on the dash. The car is under warranty until late Oct 2021, so I am not too stressed. If it continues playing up might part ways....even though I don't want to

Last edited:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Geez mate, hopefully this is the last problem for you and this car.

Yeah...I looked up the part. No doubt it was electronic

I believe these units failed a bit in the 4L60's, the original units weren't enclosed with those fine mesh filter screens and were prone to debris contamination.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Geez mate, hopefully this is the last problem for you and this car.

I believe these units failed a bit in the 4L60's, the original units weren't enclosed with those fine mesh filter screens and were prone to debris contamination.

I hope so too.
I don't wanna part with it unless i have no choice. This is our family car. It needs to be reliable.

Thorby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Black Edition Wagon
In my case, the car was stuck in 3rd gear. Gearstick light not illuminated. Reverse camera not working and couple warning lights on the dash. The car is under warranty until late Oct 2021, so I am not too stressed. If it continues playing up might part ways....even though I don't want to
Didn't fit a J LED Customs shift kit by chance?