Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Drama with new VE alloytec water pump

Skaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
No but there’s plenty falling here if you’re after it. If machter wanna issue a refund n send me a free water pump with a 5yr warranty I’ll prob just take the 15 mins to throw it on n run it before I think about putting coolant in

Last edited:

VT2Commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Clubsport R8
Well kiss your water pump seal goodbye if you do, coolant lubricates the pump seal.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Well kiss your water pump seal goodbye if you do, coolant lubricates the pump seal.
Yes I would fill it with coolant straight away too. If you have to drain the cooling system again later and want to keep and re use the coolant just catch it in a clean bucket.
It's good that Machter sent you a replacement pump. Hopefully this one lasts longer.

Skaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS

Coolants main job is to raise the boiling point lower the freezing point and prevent cavitation. Modern water pumps are self lubricating. Coolant makers claim their additives lubricate the rear pump seal. Abrasives, over tensioned belt, blown head gasket and a defective water pump seal was GMB Canada’s explanation of what causes early seal failure

Last edited: