Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dream Car at Last 2008 VE SS-V Ute

helmotbros

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
G'day all,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Been filling my brain with all the great info on this forum lately.

Just picked up my dream car. Have always wanted an SS Ute and about 2 weeks ago I finally fulfilled that dream. The car is pretty close to stock and will receive mods here and there as the budget allows.

Name: Matt
Model: 2008 Series I SS-V Ute
Transmission: Manual
Colour: Phantom Black
Wheels/Tyres: 19 inch SS-V Wheels
Interior: Leather
Kilometers: 49,000
Other Mods: 3 inch Manta Catback, Ripshifter, Double Bump Hardlid, Dark Tint, Bee Sting Antennae

Future Mods:

- High flow cats and extractors
- VCM OTR CAI
- Tune
- Bit of a pipe dream but would love some hsv sv rims.
- I'm sure ill find more

The ute is in pretty damn good nick. Low km's and only problems were no spare wheel (will hopefully pick one up from the wreckers soon), no spare key, no logbooks/owners manual and a few stone chips here and there. One thing that has developed is that i scrape the middle muffler and muffler mounts on my driveway :( got under there the other day and there is plenty of room for the system to move. Will probably alter the mounts to sit a bit higher until i put another system on there (which could be a while)

Havn't had the chance to take any decent photos yet but I promise I will soon.

20r4v7r.jpg

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Cheers,
Matt

Last edited:

Big_Simmo

Deep Blue Cranberry
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Series 2 SSV Redline Ute
congrats on the new ride mate :)

looks pretty nice for a 07 also

helmotbros

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
Thanks mate

Yea its in really good condition. Previous owner was a miner so had a bit of money to keep it running well but didnt have heaps of time to use it. Worked out pretty well for me in the end lol.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Nice pickup mate.

Flabby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6 VE Commodore
Future mods sound awesome! Can't wait to hear more about it, Nice car, love the black!

Heath17

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Ute
Car looks nice mate! Keep us updated with mods.

helmotbros

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
Just to give everyone a bit of an update.

Gave her a quick wash today and got some better photos.

1j5d8w.jpg

2mxojt1.jpg

jl5nuw.jpg

Planning to buy the GMM ripshifter in the next week or so. Cant wait. The current shifter tends to give me the shits. Just on that, the G8 ripshifter is almost $200 cheaper than the one for the VE but from my understanding they are the same gearbox... Can i just buy a G8 shifter and save a whole heap for nothing?

Also gonna take the 'v' and 'ss' badge off the back and put an 'ssv' badge on cos i think they look so much more tidy. As well as a bee sting antennae just to finish it off a bit.

To confirm the ute has FE2 suspension in it which is why i thought it looked lower than stock.

Have been umming and arring about the exhaust. Would like a catback system but im thinking maybe i can get away with a set of tailpipes with hotdogs for now. Im not looking for a massiv performance gain just yet but would like it to sound like a v8! Or do i save up for a little bit longer and chuck a full system on and probably save a bit of dosh in the long run.

Lastly, and this is a rather strange one. I bought the ute as a 2007 model, it was registered as an 07 and is insured as one as well. I was going through the past work order receipts from the local holden dealership from the previous owner. It said on it that it was an 08... i thought strange... Went and looked at the build plate and it says built 11/2007 which would make it an 08. And the vin confirms that its an 08. My question is will this void my rego/insurance if i leave it like that? Should i be rushing out and changing it back to its rightful 08 status?

On the plus side a got a slightly newer car than i anticipated :spot on: lol

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
Wouldn't have a clue about rego and insurance, best to ring them and check I guess.

As for the ute I think it looks quite nice, mods planned sound good, you will have to post up some feedback on the GM short shifter, as I wouldn't mind a short shifter of some sort in mine one day. Keep up the good work :)