Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dream Car at Last 2008 VE SS-V Ute

helmotbros

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
Thanks mate.

Will let you know how the shifter goes as soon as it's in. Went to autobarn on Sunday (who are a distributor for the gm shifter) but the bloke couldn't really help me much. Sent off all my questions to gm to try and get some answers.

Mods list (in my head anyway) changes daily so who knows what will happen to it haha. All as the finances will allow I guess.

helmotbros

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
Cheers mate :)

Saw in your thread that your shifter is going in soon. Would love to hear what you think of it if it goes in before mine lol

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Cheers mate :)

Saw in your thread that your shifter is going in soon. Would love to hear what you think of it if it goes in before mine lol

yeah no worries man it should be here end of this week or early next week, ill let ya know, heard nothing but great reviews from it

forgot to add i went the ve superstreet one too, ive heard the "race" version can be a little noisy

helmotbros

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
vapenuzu.jpg

I got a nice surprise in the mail today :D hopefully be fitted up this weekend. Can't wait. Will report back when it's in.

mattyh83

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV
I'd be interested to see your thoughts and feedback once it goes in mate. Ive always wanted to know what it actually changes. Coming from someone who hasn't driven a manual for thier whole life until now i struggle to see how people miss 3rd.

helmotbros

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
I'd be interested to see your thoughts and feedback once it goes in mate. Ive always wanted to know what it actually changes. Coming from someone who hasn't driven a manual for thier whole life until now i struggle to see how people miss 3rd.

I know what you are saying, i too wonder how people miss it, but i think its more about the speed at which you can shift. It kinda enables you to shift faster and more positively? But thats all claims, ill give you the inside call after it goes in. Its a decent bit of coin to drop on a mod so ill try to be as honest as possible and not talk myself into it being something its not because ive wasted money on it. Hope that makes sense lol

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
The ute is in pretty damn good nick. Low km's and only problems were no spare wheel (will hopefully pick one up from the wreckers soon), no spare key, no logbooks/owners manual and a few stone chips here and there.

Wonder who's got your spare key?

helmotbros

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
I would love to know aswell, old mate who i bought the ute off said he has never had it (aswell as never having the spare wheel or books), he bought the ute with 1000 kms on it. Gotta take his word for it i guess. Good thing about tassie is its a small place so wouldnt be hard to track it back if it did go missing, as well as the people who did it. Wouldnt like to be them if something of mine went missing...