Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dream Car at Last 2008 VE SS-V Ute

helmotbros

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
Clay bar and waxed some of my ute yesterday. Only did it cos I got bored. Not much point doing the whole car as ill be getting a full detail in the next month.

esupe3ah.jpg

Also thanks to dallascowboy's neat mod with a pool noodle I was able to relieve the sag that my bonnet has. Looks much better now.

pu6avuby.jpg

Bit annoying though I noticed my rear bumper is pulling away from the quarter panel. It wasn't like that two days ago when I washed it. It also flexes when you push it. The other side is perfect. Doesn't move when you push it.

saje5eza.jpg

I pulled the panel off and there isn't really any support behind there. There is like a plastic tab but it doesn't do much. All of the clips are in place fine but it still bulges.

Anyone else experienced this? It bugs me lol

helmotbros

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute

helmotbros

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
Well last week I came to the realisation that if I don't think I'll fit into a parking spot I should just keep driving...

It pains me to say I hit an unkept Toyota celica in a car park trying to fit into a spot. Didn't help that my mate was being a ######## and standing in the parking space I was trying to get into. The celica had stuff all damage but my quarter just crumpled. I didn't even feel it tbh. I'm a bit disappointed at how weak the panel actually was. The celica driver didn't care. The damage to his matched the rest of his car anyway.

So after a ridiculous excess thanks to being under 25 my ute is at the smashies for a whole week.

qubu3uqa.jpg

a5a4a4u5.jpg

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Might have been cheaper to source a black bumper and guard yourself if the excess is that high.

helmotbros

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
I had thought that initially but it's hard to see in the picture but the wheel and tire have gouges out of them. But yea hindsight tells me I should have done a quick price up. I also didn't know the other guys wasn't gonna care. I had left a note and he took ages to ring me.