Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Drinks Holder and Steering Wheel Audio Controls

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
They are a SAAB part. If you want to find alternatives search for SAAB drink holder and source outside the Holden framework.

To remove or repair it, there is a fair bit needed. Remove the trim from around the shifter, with the window switch attached.

Then... are bugger it, watch this

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
yeah i just did my clock spring, and indicator stork and cruise stork.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
9695EAD9-F270-410D-9005-0C4C6DCCC34C.jpeg
Before. You can see the SAAB part number on it.

42AB16C7-3C4B-4CE0-B4A6-9812B277F97B.jpeg
798DF1CE-ECED-4AEB-83E2-91BC28B549A7.jpeg

Then I cleaned them up and got them moving freely again

7769baby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais L67
They are a SAAB part. If you want to find alternatives search for SAAB drink holder and source outside the Holden framework.

To remove or repair it, there is a fair bit needed. Remove the trim from around the shifter, with the window switch attached.

Then... are bugger it, watch this
Only difference between that guy and my hubby is that my hubby must think he's getting paid by the hour . In saying that though, our 3yr old doesn't make life easy for him by constantly being his apprentice/shadow when he fiddles with the car. Thanks for the post Fu Manchu..

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Only difference between that guy and my hubby is that my hubby must think he's getting paid by the hour . In saying that though, our 3yr old doesn't make life easy for him by constantly being his apprentice/shadow when he fiddles with the car. Thanks for the post Fu Manchu..
I know the feeling well. I’m trying to do a major refresh on my Cross8 and he wants to help but my time where I can focus on a task is super limited.

SL/E 82

Reaction score
Members Ride
SL/E 308
They are the same as the SS. There are a number of members here who can tell you how to replace it by dismantling the console/radio/ HVAC.

My advice is ....... don't use them, they are flimsy, and too close to controls that don't like coffee or Coke.
Just be amazed and amused at the magic, but useless, complexity of them as they fold out and back in.

that last line mate. Awesome LOL
they are great and wish i had them in the ss sedan but can see how theyre flimsy and in a stupid spot.
i play with my brothers in his ute and he ups me cause hes worried ill break the last working one LOL

• Haha
Reactions: Lex