Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

driveline vibration

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
while driving along there seems to be excessice movement of the gearstick (no not me changing gears...lol) had tyres rebalanced, wheel alignment, have just had a look under the car at the engine mounts, gearbox mount and donuts (cant get a good pic of donut) it has alot of crazy cracking all over it but cant see any major cracks/splits, the gearbox mount looks ok but slightly discoloured, and engine mounts feel ok (are they liquid filled) have attached couple of photos to show what I found, any help would be good

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
anyone got any idea's, i'm thinking engine/gearbox mount, would like some more input, maybe a couple of our holden tech's or someoneone who has had similar

jayden.2.2

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Berlina
Not sure if this is similar to what you mean but ever since I got an exhaust fitted to my Berlina, the gear "shifter" knob (as i drive an auto) makes a horrible rattling noise under a bit of load, but not always. Must be due to extra vibrations with the new exhaust.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
no mines not noisey just excessive movement (sounds like your exhaust is close if not touching something occasionally, or something needs tightening)

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
The mounts look ok. How does the rest of the car feel? do feel bad vibration in the seat when the gear leaver is shaking?

I have seen parts (not sure what they are called - its like a pin or something) break where the gear leaver attaches to the gearbox under the floor. This causes the gear leaver (inside the car) feel very sloppy and would move excessively with driveline vibration etc.

You could possibly see it but lifting up the centre console trim and inspecting the connecting joints.

Sorry I cant be more descript or help...

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
thanks HEXEM, car feels ok, had some balance/alignment issues (out a bit-crap roads)got that sorted, I know the pins your on about like a fork off he front of the shifter mech, I put a nolethane insert/bush from whiteline in 18mths ago to stop some of the sloppyness in the gearchange, I'll check that, not sure about vibration in seat, as the car is lowered a bit so firmer anyway, just the excessive movement in the stick- thing is not while changing gears only when car is in motion