Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Driver education versus attitude

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S Pack Ute
You can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

We live in a "free" society with all the perks like "innocent till proven guilty". This unfortunately means that we can't do anything about fools such as these guys until they do something that is punishable with a mandatory jail sentence we have to leave them free, which means they are capable of getting behind the wheel of a vehicle.

The only real solution to the minority who refuse to change their ways, admit their wrongs and just generally clean up their driving is one that no one really wants.

More traffic cops + tougher penalties.
Up the fines and points lost for speeding more than 30km/h over the limit.
Impose a mandatory 3 month jail term for anyone speeding more than 40km/h over the limit.
Mandatory jail sentence for a conviction of negligent driving causing injury or death.
etc

Honestly, traffic offences are far too lightly punished. Two drivers in FNQ last year (separate cases, similar offence) ran red lights and killed people. They received a fine of $500. That was all.

We need to introduce a new charge of vehicular manslaughter, anyone who is driving and causes the death of another person needs to be charged under an offence that mandates jail and just generally toughen up on driving.

To close: "Speed cameras may be revenue raisers, but if you don't speed they can't raise revenue"

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
More traffic cops + tougher penalties.
Up the fines and points lost for speeding more than 30km/h over the limit.
Impose a mandatory 3 month jail term for anyone speeding more than 40km/h over the limit.
Mandatory jail sentence for a conviction of negligent driving causing injury or death.
Sadly like my last post said i can see this as the only solution, i'm not even like these retards who are screwed in the head, and fatalaties and house calls work for only a little while.

Worst fatality was probably the one i went to on the ring rd (inbound) on the keilor park dr exit. P Plate Driver driving speeding in the wet, on the exit rolled it went into the pole upside down [drivers side door into the pole first then the car crumbled around it]. Force of collision required the light pole to be replaced!

Oh, and just an interesting fact, here in Victoria last year's collisions cost the government $3.5 billion! Where does this money come from? TAXES and TAC Duty on vehicle registration.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Accidents cost the Vic government 3.5 billion? Where did that figure come from? Got any links to reports etc? Would be a good read I'd imagine.

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
minux, i can't actually post the report. Media would have to apply to see the report. I'm fairly sure it isn't online, only internal access on the VicOne network.

About all the public sees is the TAC reports: TAC Annual Reports

I think i also read that Civic Compliance would be using some figures on their on hold line. But i'm not sure if they've done it yet or on what lines. But if you think about it it makes sense, TAC is almost $1 billion, then you have labour times for vehicles and personell responding. The investigation time. And then you have the repairs!