Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Driver kills 11month old child.

Kikki

WA Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.christielynphotography.com
Members Ride
08 VE SSV Sportswagon & 03 VY S Pac
A BABY girl has died and her mother is in hospital after a car crashed into their house in Thornlie. Witnesses say the driver tried to escape on foot.

It is understood the young mother was walking to her letterbox when she and her baby were struck down.

Sergeant Dianne Simpson said a 24-year-old Perth man, who was earlier seen speeding in Thornlie, in Perth's southeast, clipped a car being driven by an elderly woman about 12.50pm today.

"He has then spun out of control and run into the side of a house,'' Sgt Simpson said.

Major Crash investigators were questioning the man tonight.

Sgt Simpson said the mother was understood to have been outside the house with her 12-month-old daughter.

The Holden Monaro struck them before hitting the brick wall of a neighbouring house.

The baby and her mother were taken to hospital in separate ambulances, and the baby was pronounced dead on arrival, police said.

The mother suffered minor injuries including cuts and abrasions.

Sgt Simpson said the driver of the car was arrested at the scene.

It appears that two cars collided at the T-junction intersection of Prion St and Berehaven Ave about 1pm, with one of vehicles careering through the front garden into the carport of a house in Berehaven Ave.

Early reports indicate the mother is her 20s and the baby was less than one year old.

The mother was in hospital in a stable condition.

Neighbour Lee Van Dongen told PerthNow he heard screeching on the road and ran out of his house to see a red car racing up behind a yellow car that was trying to turn right.

"The red car went out of control and careered into the car port .

"He was going fast, bloody fast. I saw the driver of the red car get out and walk over and look at the baby and then has just legged it and ran away,'' Mr Van Dongen said.

A St John Ambulance chaplain counselled distraught paramedics who attended.

The Seven Network said tonight that witnesses to the crash had raced to the house, where they found the badly injured baby girl.

``When they got there they found the baby with terrible injuries, we're told terrible head injuries, and a pile of bricks at the front door of this house,'' Seven Network reporter Grant Taylor said.

``The mother was injured herself and people tell us they just heard her screaming: `Where's my baby, where's my baby?', at that stage unaware of exactly what had happened to her.''

Mr Taylor said local residents had chased the driver, tackled him to the ground and held him until police arrived.

Sgt Simpson said the driver was arrested at the scene.

From Baby dies in horrific house crash in Thornlie | PerthNow

This lady is a friend of my sisters, she has just moved here from over east to make some more money. Her little girl was to turn 1 on May 11th. It was their only child.

I have been told it looks like this guy could face 3 years jail.... WOW.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
thats sad. what kind of street was it? like, a 50 zone, and what was the driving doing to cause that?

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
three years for killing a kid? wow, that is said.

Rhino Racing

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn/vp Speedway Street Sedan
From Baby dies in horrific house crash in Thornlie | PerthNow

This lady is a friend of my sisters, she has just moved here from over east to make some more money. Her little girl was to turn 1 on May 11th. It was their only child.

I have been told it looks like this guy could face 3 years jail.... WOW.

That is just a tragic senseless loss!!!
I Feel deeply for the families involved.

Even if he does get 3 years ( which unfortunately he probably wont) it will not be enough for that family as they will live with that loss for their whole life.:cry:

I hope his A-Hole gets plundered daily by some blokes named "BUBBA" and "CHOPPER!"

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
How did Mr Lee Van Dongen hear screeching and then see the 'red car' racing up behind the 'yellow car'. The two contradict each other.
Although it is a very sad thing to happen, it is a very one sided article with no facts at all, so I will reserve judgment until such time there is facts.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Amazing how yet again another elderly person was involved in this accident in one way or another.

the second a younger person in a V8 is involved they are the ones instantly at fault.

Will wait for the police report on this one...so many times you hear witnesses saying they were going so fasssst yet the reports show they were doing the speed limit or just over.

Kikki

WA Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.christielynphotography.com
Members Ride
08 VE SSV Sportswagon & 03 VY S Pac
thats sad. what kind of street was it? like, a 50 zone, and what was the driving doing to cause that?

That section is either 50-60kms, hubby read on another article the car went airborne, so he was flying. Literally.

He went over and seen the child, then ran. I hope that image of that innocent baby lying there all battered and bruised remains burnt in his mind for the rest of his life.

Apparently the mother is "fine" health wise with a few bruises & scratches but heavily sedated. So horrible. Why cant people ****ing think!

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
Amazing how yet again another elderly person was involved in this accident in one way or another.

the second a younger person in a V8 is involved they are the ones instantly at fault.

Will wait for the police report on this one...so many times you hear witnesses saying they were going so fasssst yet the reports show they were doing the speed limit or just over.

was thinking the same thing. details are very sketchy, and im guessing the driver panicked and ran. more details will be good

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
was thinking the same thing. details are very sketchy, and im guessing the driver panicked and ran. more details will be good
Which would be quite understandable.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride