Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Driver side door not unlocking

Mudnut

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS series 2 Esteem
G'day brains trust,

Our D/S door is not unlocking,with the key(manually)or even the push-button key,the door latch just sorta comes up half-way.Checked the R-H side door fuse,all is sweet there,is this a common problem?We carn't find anything in the manual to relate to this problem,anyone have a thought?.

Thanking you,Mudnut.

Marlon1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Equipe S2
Hey,
I have a VY commodore and sometimes it does this in the cold weather on the same door. I try to unlock it with the button and it only clicks up half way which still has the locker connected to the door, all the other doors work. Strange that the key doesn't work though, maybe there's not enough grease for it to push up or it's being blocked by something in the door. I mean if you can still open up the back door and push up the lock then it's all good.

Mudnut

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS series 2 Esteem
Re reply

marlon,

your situation is similar,granted,but what could be stopping the knob from comming up?, Could it be something worn?.That was my first assumption but threw it out there for the input.Your's has me thinking a bit,thanks.

Regards,Mudnut.

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
Common problem. I had the exact same problem. I took it down to my local panel beater, he took the cover off, did something small (grease maybe?) and haven't had the problem since then. Took 10mins all up.

Mudnut

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS series 2 Esteem
Thanks DUK13Y,

so basicly,If I go inside(The door that is)common sense might just prevail and all should reveal it's self?I ask that because it ain't like the old holdens,seems like I need some special tool to un-clip something called a "snipper button" before I can get in.WTF,is,a snipper button?The pic in the manual sure as hell don't show me,or,how to get at it even if I did know what it is. Also, I got a problem with paying someone money for a 30 minit fix up.Hey Duk13,if it's an easy fix like ya described,can ya just let me know an easier way to get inside the bloody door other than the way the manual is describing,could be me,but,it sounds all chinese(No offence to any Chinese,say-CHair,phonetic!OK?)

I really do apreciate ya help,
Mudnut.