Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Driver side glass replacement

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
When my car was being repaired they scratched the tail gate glass , i insisted it was replace with factory glass , i had to insist to the assessor that that was what i wanted , he was concerned about the cost naturally but when it was done he told me it was the cheapest option , now i know why

Paul Smedley

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY23 Tesla Model 3 RWD, MY23 Tesla Model Y RWD
You would be surprised how much came from China for the VF. Even the front subframe .

Front subframe? Do you mean the Engine Cradle or the front end module that supports the headlights, etc?

Engine cradle was Thailand if I recall correctly, front end module was Australian.

Paul Smedley

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY23 Tesla Model 3 RWD, MY23 Tesla Model Y RWD
As to glass, I always thought Plikington ACI used to make the stuff for all Aussie built cars, so maybe that’s why I imagined “Made in Australia” marking on my commodore windscreen and my conformation/visual bias was what surprised me :rolleyes:

Too their credit,I believe Toyota used Aussie glass to the end.I think MHG ended up owning the old Pilkington's plant. Holden used them for Cruze hatch rear glass - I think Ford was all chinese glass too at the end.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Front subframe? Do you mean the Engine Cradle or the front end module that supports the headlights, etc?

Engine cradle was Thailand if I recall correctly, front end module was Australian.

I was referring to the engine cradle. I thought I seen these come in from China as I was always looking to reduce duty paid on imports.