Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Driver's door automatically deadlocks!

Crackpot

he who sits in the corner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive MY06
Hey all

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find anything.

I have set my system so when I go out of park, the doors automatically lock. Now I haven't had any issues with the locks yet. However, today, when I tried to unlock the driver's door manually from inside, I found that it was deadlocked. I now have to either use the passenger lock, or the remote to unlock. It locks fine thought. I've tried with the car on and off. Nothing works.

Any suggestions? :help:

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Sometimes I have found that if for one reason or another the door lock button is not fully down it won't unlock when you move out of Drive into park. It can also happen if someone tries to lift the button as you are moving into Park etc. It may also be a faulty Activator. They are readily available and not all that expensive.

Crackpot

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive MY06
Apologies, I should've mentioned that it DOES unlock when I move back in to park. But I just for some reason cannot manually unlock it.

Thanks for the quick reply though! :D

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Sorry just reread your post but just in case you may need to go into the trip computer by holding the mode and set buttons together at the same time you turn on the ignition then go through the menu to turn off the automatic lock feature.
My wifes key has it programmed but I dont.
Can be a good thing when in a suspect area.

Crackpot

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive MY06
I just tried that. I guess it's a good thing to turn it off right now because otherwise I'll have to reach over to the passenger side everytime I need to unlock the door for someone. I guess I'll wait until I get a chance to take it to my local dealer.

Lindsey Mc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Corsa
Hi just been looking for threads about deadlocking your car, does anyone know if you can deadlock your car using your key and not the electronic fob part. I've got a 2002 Old shaped corsa and recently witnessed another corsa of the same age getting broken into, luckily mine was parked elsewhere and I called the police but am now worried mine will eventually be broken into. I have bought a steering lock but realise that these car thieves can can them off if they really want them. I always double lock my car using my actual key (because the key fob is broken) and was told if the fob is broken, the immobiliser won't work, but am I still protected by deadlocking it? Am I deadlocking my car by double locking it? Can anyone help?