Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

drivers door not locking

dagsy

Reaction score
just had to replace the handle on the drivers door on our vt. now for some reason it won't lock off the remote and when I use the key it locks but won't open and I need to remove the handle to get it open again.
the lock actuator is working ok. do I need to line something up when I re assemble it??

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Holden Service CD says "Ensure the door remote handle assembly and remote control rod are engaged before final fittment"

Some more info:

Installation of the front door exterior handle assembly is the reverse of the removal operation, noting the following:
1. Ensure that the adjusting nut is seated in the lock and actuator assembly before installing the exterior door handle assembly retaining nuts.
2. Tighten retaining nuts to the correct torque specification.
EXTERIOR DOOR HANDLE ASSEMBLY RETAINING NUT TORQUE SPECIFICATION 3 - 5 Nm
3. Check and if necessary, adjust the exterior door handle adjusting nut to allow latch disengagement with striker when the exterior door handle opening is 18° ± 5° from the rest position.

Last edited:

dagsy

Reaction score
found the issue. a piece of the plastic trim built into the lock assembly had broken off and jammed up the works. fell out as soon as I took the lock assembly out!!!