Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Drivers seat 'click'

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Hi all,

I have a VFII CalaisV wagon which has developed a 'click' in the drivers seat when cornering and straightening out of corners. From what I've read, I gather this is a reasonably well known problem, just wondering how any one else out there has gotten on with claiming it under warranty? Thanks in advance :)

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
It's a VF2, it's not old enough to be out of warranty and there's no way something like that isn't a warranty problem!

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks mate, my main concern is that they say they only cover rattles and squeaks for 3000km under warranty. ?

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
Hi all,

I have a VFII CalaisV wagon which has developed a 'click' in the drivers seat when cornering and straightening out of corners. From what I've read, I gather this is a reasonably well known problem, just wondering how any one else out there has gotten on with claiming it under warranty? Thanks in advance :)

Its a seat base problem good luck having it fixed i had it on my redline had it fixed twice each time got progressively worst so i sold the car while the third fix was on back order, it becomes very annoying and feels quite unstable when cornering.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
Its a seat base problem good luck having it fixed i had it on my redline had it fixed twice each time got progressively worst so i sold the car while the third fix was on back order, it becomes very annoying and feels quite unstable when cornering.

Thanks Markalan,

That's what I feared - an issue that has no real fix. It feels like there's something in the inner frame that shifts according to 'bum position' And as you say, it is very annoying. I'll try my luck at having it fixed under warranty when it goes in for a service next month. If it keeps doing it, I wonder if an upholsterer might be able to have a look at it perhaps..

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
Thanks Markalan,

That's what I feared - an issue that has no real fix. It feels like there's something in the inner frame that shifts according to 'bum position' And as you say, it is very annoying. I'll try my luck at having it fixed under warranty when it goes in for a service next month. If it keeps doing it, I wonder if an upholsterer might be able to have a look at it perhaps..
I think it has something to do with the way the seat cushion is attached to the frame the first time they tried they used some new clips, that didn't work second time they replace the seat base with a new one but that was actually worst then the original anyway see how you go and let us know

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
Will do thanks mate.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
My Calais had the clips put in and was fine until just out of warranty. Yesterday they replaced seat base outside of warranty. Not happy about the service guys ripping seat apart but the base was over $600 to buy so happy to have replaced under warranty.

RockDAhouse

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
i have same issue as well, going back next month to have it fix while getting service done.
was fixed 6 months ago and it started happening again now.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
i have same issue as well, going back next month to have it fix while getting service done.
was fixed 6 months ago and it started happening again now.

Bummer sorry to hear that mate..did they replace the base last time? Do you know how they plan on handling it this time around? Hope it all goes well for you..