Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Drivers seat 'click'

JRS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
An update - Took the car for service today and they were fantastic. They even showed me the techline bulletin from Holden acknowledging the existence of the issue and ordered a brand new seat base to be fitted in the next week or so. He did mention that the issue is confined to the 8way power seats fitted to CalaisV SSV etc.

As a side issue this particular dealership uses Mobil 1 5w-30 in all LS3's during servicing (included in the capped price charge)

Absolutely outstanding service from these guys :)

tml678 - Can you advise what dealer, or give us a "hint" as to the dealer name?

TSMAX

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV CLUBSPORT R8
Mine was doing the same, really annoying ('14 Calais V). Easy fix. Shoved my head under the seat, moved the seat in a sideways motion to see where the movement was. Put a largish cable tie around a horizontal shaft close to the front of the seat and pulled it tight. This removes the couple of millimetres of slack that causes the 'clicking' feel. Has been fine for nearly 12 months.
Thanks buddy, similar to tml678 mine only does it while cornering some time. Will definitely have a look under the seat and see if I can tie it up.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
tml678 - Can you advise what dealer, or give us a "hint" as to the dealer name?

In the NW area, just North of Penrith ;)

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
Final update - had the new seat base fitted today, good as gold. Hopefully it stays that way :)

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
This started happening in my R8, went in for the first service last week (capped priced service), told the service advisor who said they will check.
When I picked up the car the guy said although there is a problem it is due to the seat being put high up (I am 181cm so it's not at the highest level) and said putting it down might help. He said that he was advised by the foreman that this only happens when the seat is put right up.
Although he said if it does get worse, bring it back and we will have a look to see if something needs replacement.
@tml678 can you please advise any details on the service bulletin as the dealership I went to had no idea.

Hey @TSMAX I have a bit more info for you..the techline reference number for the dodgy seat is
TL2366-1310. Take that to your dealer and see how you go. Hope this helps :)

RockDAhouse

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Hey @TSMAX I have a bit more info for you..the techline reference number for the dodgy seat is
TL2366-1310. Take that to your dealer and see how you go. Hope this helps :)

Thanks mate this is very helpful, I've booked in a service this wednesday, hope they can get this sorted.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks mate this is very helpful, I've booked in a service this wednesday, hope they can get this sorted.
No worries mate, let us know how you get on :)

RockDAhouse

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Mine was doing the same, really annoying ('14 Calais V). Easy fix. Shoved my head under the seat, moved the seat in a sideways motion to see where the movement was. Put a largish cable tie around a horizontal shaft close to the front of the seat and pulled it tight. This removes the couple of millimetres of slack that causes the 'clicking' feel. Has been fine for nearly 12 months.
Got my car back from service today, said bolts is tighten again and me to monitor. Sit in the car, first corner click is back !!! Seriously I'm giving up now, will be using Gavin075 method and hope it works

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
Got my car back from service today, said bolts is tighten again and me to monitor. Sit in the car, first corner click is back !!! Seriously I'm giving up now, will be using Gavin075 method and hope it works
That's BS, it's nothing to do with 'tightening a bolt' I had a whole new seat base fitted, but I have the part numbers for the clips which will do the job as well. Let me know if you need it. The issue is the seat cushion comes away from the frame. These new clips are apparently better than the original ones. Nothing to do with a bolt whatsoever.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
I have noticed that my seat clicks but only when it is not at the lowest position. I raised the seat and got my head in under there to find that the mechanism that raises and lowers the seat appears to have some slop in the pivot points that make it work, causing the click as it moves going round a corner.