Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Driver's seat rocking.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I am trying to fix my driver's seat which has quite a bit of movement back and forth. I have read a few thread about this problem but not really getting the advice I need.
Can anyone answer any of these questions please.
1 The big torx bolt with the white mark in the picture below, is it right hand thread, because I am having trouble loosening it and don't want to break anything. I can't see any reason for it to be left hand thread. Also if you know the size of the torx bolt driver it would be handy, my largest one is not quite big enough.
2 The bush behind the bolt is stuffed and is the reason for the movement. Anybody know if these are still available anywhere? I am going to see my local Holden dealer but I don't hold out any hope.

The problem is the same on the other side of the seat.
driver's seat motors 2a.jpg

Last edited:

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
I saw this thread and there were a few helpful tips but I was hoping to get the proper bushes.
I went to Holden but can't get the bushes I need, they said because it is a safety item I have to buy the whole base motors and all. I will have to improvise.

Last edited:

ant797

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s
I dont know what kind of bush your talking about but iv heard of back yard mechanics using a liquid nylon out of a squeeze gun thing on there sway bars where the bushes have perished rather then taking it apart ...dont know this could be applied to your problem

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
I dont know what kind of bush your talking about but iv heard of back yard mechanics using a liquid nylon out of a squeeze gun thing on there sway bars where the bushes have perished rather then taking it apart ...dont know this could be applied to your problem

Thanks for the reply.
I don't know what I am dealing with yet, I bought a set of large torx sockets so I can undo the offending bolts and have a look but it hasn't stopped pissing down rain for days so I can't do it yet.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Thanks for the reply.
I don't know what I am dealing with yet, I bought a set of large torx sockets so I can undo the offending bolts and have a look but it hasn't stopped pissing down rain for days so I can't do it yet.
How dare it rain doesn't it know we are in a crises with global warming.. :D
I doubt you need to pull it all apart just the 4 screws and add a spacer to take up the slack..

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
How dare it rain doesn't it know we are in a crises with global warming.. :D
I doubt you need to pull it all apart just the 4 screws and add a spacer to take up the slack..

I have a feeling that the bush is there for a reason and I think that reason is to allow for a bit of movement, to avoid putting a strain on the part behind the torx bolts where the long threaded rod screws into, making it harder for the rod to turn. If the bush wasn't necessary Holden would have just bolted them firmly to the rail. Maybe I haven't explained it very well but I will see what is going on when I finally pull it apart.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I have a feeling that the bush is there for a reason and I think that reason is to allow for a bit of movement, to avoid putting a strain on the part behind the torx bolts where the long threaded rod screws into, making it harder for the rod to turn. If the bush wasn't necessary Holden would have just bolted them firmly to the rail. Maybe I haven't explained it very well but I will see what is going on when I finally pull it apart.
Maybe take photos and do a thread on how to fix it once you work it out, cheers.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
**** this thread took a turn!

Save the political **** for the political thread in the pub.