Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Drivers side door won't open

Siggz

Reaction score
Website
www.flightsite.com.au
Members Ride
VY Berlina
Hi all, well the other day my drivers side door on my VY Berlina Series 1, decided not to open... It's got remote central locking. All the other doors are working. The Driver's side door won't even open from the inside, so I'm in a bit of a pickle. Currently have to enter the car through the passenger side door which is getting annoying.

Any ideas on fixing it myself or will I have to take it to an auto electrician :/

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
You have tried the key? Sometimes the door locks get jambed during wet weather, it's happened to mine it would not open and the button inside came about 1/2 way up and was stuck. I had to pull on the button then use the inside handle from memory. It's never done it since but it was a fault in early VY's and the locks were changed with revised tolerances.

Siggz

Reaction score
Website
www.flightsite.com.au
Members Ride
VY Berlina
Yeah tried the key, its weird. My door lock plastic bit is off so the metal rod is easily accessible but when i try to yank it up with pliers it wont even budge to the unlock position.

undersuspicion

Now That's How We Roll!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SV8 Series 2
gotta pull it hard. I have the same thing with my vy. Plastic bit came off when i lent on it and locked the door. Had to pull really hard with plies to get the lock up.

undersuspicion

Now That's How We Roll!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SV8 Series 2
Yeah mate, bit of elbow grease should do it.

thumpinvy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S pack ute
hey mate ive got the same problem on mine at the moment, its the door actuator a common problem on the vy cheap fix aswell

Deanooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ S-Pack Ute
one problem....

The exact same thing just happened to my vz today. the only problem is how can you change the actuator if you cant get the door trim off cause the doors locked and wont open?

Siggz

Reaction score
Website
www.flightsite.com.au
Members Ride
VY Berlina
Managed to pry the door lock to the open position, still makes a **** sound when locking and unlocking but at least the door opens now. Will take it off and have a look at the actuator.

thumpinvy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S pack ute
The exact same thing just happened to my vz today. the only problem is how can you change the actuator if you cant get the door trim off cause the doors locked and wont open?

i just had to go on the passanger side and crawl over, s