Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Drivers side rear wheel hitting over bumps

CeeGeeVeSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss v redline MYO12
so I don’t think it’s the size of the wheels and tyres as it only happens on the one side “drivers side”
Every time I either reverse out of driver way right hand wheel down or over any decent medium size bumps the wheel hits the wheel arch and makes a scraping sound also has damaged the side wall of the tyre. It’s dangerously deep at the moment
I need to fix it as this tyre is shagged and before I replace it I want to fix the problem thanks in advance much appreciated

CeeGeeVeSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss v redline MYO12
I can get a pic of the tyre and wheel arch

so I don’t think it’s the size of the wheels and tyres as it only happens on the one side “drivers side”
Every time I either reverse out of driver way right hand wheel down or over any decent medium size bumps the wheel hits the wheel arch and makes a scraping sound also has damaged the side wall of the tyre. It’s dangerously deep at the moment
I need to fix it as this tyre is shagged and before I replace it I want to fix the problem thanks in advance much appreciated

Asmodai78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Sportwagon
Measure the distance on both side of the car from wheel to arch, it should be the same give or take a mill or 2 for wear

CeeGeeVeSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss v redline MYO12
Measure the distance on both side of the car from wheel to arch, it should be the same give or take a mill or 2 for wear

Yeah ok will do. I’m thinkin rear bushes on one side flogged out ?