Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

drivers window only works NEED HELP

commivx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx SPAC S2 yellow
hello everyone i am new! ok recently i bought a VX s2 SPAC 2002 with electric windows, very nice car, but anyway the back windows and the front passenger window do not work at all, there is no sound at all, would this be my child lock switch busted? someone please give me a list of the things i need to check? thank you

Tones

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS SERIES2
New switches are pretty cheap in evil bay.
I tried cleaning the contacts in my old switch but only lasted a couple of weeks.
New switch was about 30 or 40 dollars and real easy to replace.

commivx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx SPAC S2 yellow
i'm gonna try to test it tomorrow with the multimeter, just found it, fingers crossed its just the master switch! would be a pain in the a** if it were somewhere in the loom :s

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Also check the fuses and relays under the steering column. There is the power windows circuit breaker and a fuse for power windows (which covers a few other things as well) and there is a power windows relay and a driver's window relay. I think the driver's window might run separately from the others.

commivx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx SPAC S2 yellow
ive done a check over that already, changed the relays over but still no go, cant find which fuse is drivers window and which one is the rest of the windows. :s

commivx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx SPAC S2 yellow
so it sounds like its not the switch.. could it be the BCM? if so then this could solve a 2 problems, 1-the windows of course 2-having a new set of key remotes. but yer anyway is there a way to test the harness, like i tried testing on the white plug that goes into the mast switch, but im only getting readings on two or three brongs/terminals (the ones closest to the drivers side).

supercharger kingy

NUCKIN FUTS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE L98 Calais
had same problem with my VX .... was the switchs .. bought from ebay for 25 bucks delivered.. fixed my problem

commivx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx SPAC S2 yellow
window motor must be cooked! i get power through the wiring from the passenger front door with the plug inside the door for the window when i play with the switches, now im finding reg's to still do test on the wiring. didnt try the back windows yet, got way too much of a parts pile in the back of the car :p