Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Driving a VE

tigerpm7

Gotta love the VZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore Executive MY06
Hi. I took my VZ in for service yesterday and was given a VE courtesy car. 44,000k's on the clock, serviced regulary of course but it was a nightmare. The road noise was just shocking, mind you it has Bridgestone silica tyres whice are one of the quietest around. It's so full of plastic and nothing seems to be aligned. I was getting quite alot of wind noise when on the freeway. It felt big and heavy. The door handles were obstructing my view when using the side mirrors and there's more.... Please don't get me wrong, I love the Commodores but I was let down. I was looking forward to driving a VE and really checking it out properly. I'm sure there will be alot of things that will be replaced in the newer models. Maybe i'm just used to my VZ. I guess I expected too much. Catch ya's.

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
nope your right

they do have alot of road noise and they are poor quality
we just have to give holden a break, the VE was more of a test in their new factory and they welcomed ideas from employees (mostly commin from china)
Im sure in the next model they will be on track

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
What luxury level was it? Our VE Berlina has Turanza tyres, and it has a fair bit of road noise, though not as bad as you'd expect judging by all the complaints I hear about them. yes, it does feel like a big car, but it is bigger and longer than the VT - VZ, so you have to expect that

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
Plenty of VE bashing threads on here already mate. Search and you will find a place to vent your anger

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
i remember bringing the vt home for the first time after driving a vn.....

needless to say i almost hit the fence pullin into the driveway as the vt was wider n longer,

kind of the same thing... u get used to it after a while

myberlina

BAD COP! NO DOUGHNUT!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais
The door handles were obstructing my view when using the side mirrors...

Forgive me for asking, but why (or more to the point how) would the door handles exactly 'obstruct' your view of the mirrors?

I just bought a VE Calais earlier this week and have no complaints about road noise. My plastics all alighn correctly and she handles perfectly on the road.

Perhaps due to the fact it is a loan car while others cars are in their workshop, it has been messed around with and thrashed to the ****???

tigerpm7

Gotta love the VZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Plenty of VE bashing threads on here already mate. Search and you will find a place to vent your anger

Not venting anger mate. Just making prospecting buyers aware of the facts and to wait maybe a year or 2 before rushing out for an 06-08 VE. As I wrote I love the Commodore and wouldn't drive any other car :dance:

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Forgive me for asking, but why (or more to the point how) would the door handles exactly 'obstruct' your view of the mirrors?

I just bought a VE Calais earlier this week and have no complaints about road noise. My plastics all alighn correctly and she handles perfectly on the road.

Perhaps due to the fact it is a loan car while others cars are in their workshop, it has been messed around with and thrashed to the ****???

has nothing to do with the quality:)
things dont lignup you think holden services their interior??? lol

tigerpm7

Gotta love the VZ
Reaction score
Members Ride

For me I found the door handles got in the way when i checked the side mirrors to see what's behind me. Didn't obstruct the mirrors. I'm glad you're happy with your purchase, gr8 news. Of course when a car is brand new it will be or at least should be perfect. Beware of what might happen in the near future. I didn't say the car hasn't been thrashed but a car like that should love it.:D

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
Bloody VE bashing. I drive a VE Caprice regularly, cant fault it. Awesome car.