Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Driving a VE

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
All Courtesy cars are run down piles of crap :). That's just how it is. Good example of how much one model can vary after time is the AU falcon, get a good one and it's one of the best cars ever been built, really solid, VERY easy car to drive on the limits without losing it. great brakes, goes fast etc etc. Get in a bad one (ex company/taxi etc) and omg :p disaster brakes don't work and wobble all over the shop, no power, floppy suspension, you wouldn't know it was the same car

Rhino Racing

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn/vp Speedway Street Sedan
Apparently the ve is fords best advertising!

Sad to hear the growing list of VE problems mate.
I didnt get to see it personally but a caryard here had a very low klm VE for sale that was traded in on a Ford. The person that owned it previously was so ****ed off with the his VE lemon :cry:that he finally gave up on fighting with Holden dealer etc and traded it in.
The dealer has it at the entrance to the caryard with big posters and post-it notes all over it, outlining all the problems with the car in general. They have no intentions in onselling this car here...... they reckon it is their best advertising when they have potential new car buyers walk into the dealership.:bang:
Have driven a couple of different models and must admit i did notice the road noise well before i had read any posts on here about this issue.:cry:
I am dissapointed at the large number of people that have had issues (some major, mainly minor) with their new car purchase. So I personally am going to wait a while to purchase a new Ve hoping that some of the long list of "teething" problems.... can be sorted out. ;) I love the new shape!:yeah:
There are a lot of threads on here about VE issues..... to all the OP's thanks for the heads up! :thumbsup:
P.S. I am guessing you may need to adjust your mirrors! LOL!

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
For me I found the door handles got in the way when i checked the side mirrors to see what's behind me.

Ummmm... Thats what the rear view mirror attached to the inside of the windscreen is. If youre using your exterior mirrors to look behind you, you have bigger issues than the handles getting in the way!

As for the comments regarding the car. A 44,000km courtesy car is going to be a peice of **** regardless of who makes it - Holden, Ford Toyota, Mercedes, BMW. It's going to be flogged and trashed. I had a VE SV6 courtesy car a few weeks ago and there was rubbish all through the car, the glovebox wouldn't close, the hand brake wasn't aligned... blah blah blah I could go on and on... If ANY car isn't looked after (and courtesy cars are not) it's going to have a multitude of issues.

Drive a car that's just as old with just as many cars owned by someone who loves it and it will be as good as new!

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
I am dissapointed at the large number of people that have had issues (some major, mainly minor) with their new car purchase. So I personally am going to wait a while to purchase a new Ve hoping that some of the long list of "teething" problems.... can be sorted out. ;) I love the new shape!:yeah:

large number of people that have had issues.... on a CAR FORUM??? With this and other forums taken into account I reckon I could say I have heard about no more than 50 people with any form of significant issue with a VE. Even if I was more generous and said there had been 100 people on forums complain about significant issues. How many VEs do you think have been sold?

Fact is, a car enthusiast is someone who will scrutinise and nit pick a car a LOT more than the average Joe on the street. And MOST people who own a VE will have had no issues at all. Of course you're going to hear about the issues because people are ****ed off. You wont hear about the 100's of 1000's of happy customers worldwide that have never had any issues at all.

I've had two VEs now and I am the most fussy person I know when it comes to cars. I havent had any serious issues with either and any minor issues I have had have been fixed quite easily thanks to the warranty.

Fact is there is a percentage of cars from ALL car manufacturers that have issues.... Allways has been, always will be.

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
i think i said it in most of these threads allready, but i deal with fleet vehicle servicing as my line of work, they rack up big km's quickly, i drive most of the hundreds of cars/commercials/trucks etc

ive never found mant problem at all with the ve's ive seen one air vent not line up, a pulley bearing go, a few washer bottles, and a couple of computer glitches. if sent falcon/terrirtory back for more random serious problems like master cylinder failing and leaking for 1

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
We all just have to put up with the new technology...

Afterall most VE's will be traded in less than 2 years.

I know i certainly dont plan on keeping my VT,,, In a couple years ill upgrade
Even know VT's are old it is better than my VN but all I could afford...
If I could afford a VE I wouldnt be complaining I'd just live with it and wait till next model comes out to trade.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
nope your right

they do have alot of road noise and they are poor quality
we just have to give holden a break, the VE was more of a test in their new factory and they welcomed ideas from employees (mostly commin from china)
Im sure in the next model they will be on track

Well, that would have put a different slant on things.......sorry, poor joke I know.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
another thing, when you go for a drive in a car, testing it out your going to be critical and think its noisier or clunkier when the car you currently own may be worse and you just dont think of it or are used to it.

in saying that, some road surfaces to seem to be louder in the ve as well as other cars, but tyres play a huge role in that

tigerpm7

Gotta love the VZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore Executive MY06
Thanks guys for all the replys. The response to this thread has been overwhelming. I'm not trying to bag the VE. The options you get in the standard Omega are gr8. I'm just pointing out some facts I found. Surely there are teething problems in all new model cars and i'm also sure Holden will rectify these issues in the models to come. As for the courtesy car being thrashed to the max, i'm sure it has but what a great specimen to see how these cars survive. I've been in a new one and found no difference. The road noise would be my main concern and it just feels too bulky but then i'm too used to my VZ. The handles obstruct my view no matter what I try. I believe the handles should be recessed as most cars with these type handles are.
The Commodore is an icon, a legend and always will be. It can only keep on getting better. Happy driving :dance: