Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

driving along when suddenly all power is lost

arc angel vn ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 custom VR ute
yer i was driving along last night when suddenly everything went dark the lights turned off so did the radio and dash just weird cause the power steering and the engine didnt wat would the problem be

fasamr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt 3.8 ltz
might alternator has gone couse i didnt charged the battery and ur caer was running on the battery power , battery looses the power so the engine and every thing...............

fasamr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt 3.8 ltz
might alternator has gone couse i didnt charged the battery and ur caer was running on the battery power , battery looses the power so the engine and every thing...............

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
sounds to me like a bad connection on your battery terminals. a while ago when i tried to start my car, everything would go dead. i had to tweak the positive battery terminal to get the power back. the computer would reset every time - NOTHING was able to get power. this would explain why your engine light didn't come on.

take the terminals off, give them a good clean, and put them back on nice and tight (not too tight though). you'll never have that problem again.

rosiebuttons

Reaction score
Members Ride
1989 VN Executive Commodore
I had this problem with my VN a while back. The brushes on the alternator needed cleaning. It was a temporary 'bandaid' fix... eventually I replaced the brushes. Has been running without a hassle in this regard since then. Good luck :)

arc angel vn ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 custom VR ute
hiya thanx yer i tlked to my mates dad and he told me it was a earthing problem and he checked the terminals and just touched em abit and seems to be werking fine it was weird cause i was heading out to this thing called sarahs grave when it was happeneing and i had been there like 4 times and i just dropped it and didnt go in that night lol