Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Driving/Fog Lights VZ Adventra install help please

rb0135

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra SX6
Hi All..

I know similar posts have been posted before, but I have always wanted driving/fog lights on my SX6 Adventra. Yes, it just doesnt look right without them.

Anyway, after seeing a post from Pete from WA and confirming all wiring is in place, I went and got all my original parts. Although Pete gave a good tutorial, I am still stuggling.

Now, I have spent 6 hours so far (which is incredible for me to stick at something that long), and all I have managed to do is to get the plastic pieces out (within the first 5 minutes of the exercise) where the lights fit. I have followed a few instructions, but for the life of me, cant get the bolts into the lights bracket.. I just cant get enough room to move my hand/tools/fingers etc.

I dont want to take the bumper/skirt off (although this seems the easiest) as I am not confident in not breaking clips, specially when I havent done this before (work on plenty of cars.. with real bumpers, not plastic sh*t).

I am also still lost on how to change over the headlight switch as it seems a very fiddley job without the right tools.

So, I am seeking any help/instructions on how to get these lights attached without taking the Bumper/Skirt off AND also is there a step by step procedure to remove the headlight switch?

Failing that, is there any one in the Sydney area that I can PAY to do it for me (even with my help).. I dont want the Dealership to do it..

Thanks All... Hope you can help... this is "driving" me crazy..

Rob

jet-6

Yer im that guy!
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY06 VZ SX6 ADVENTRA
What years SX6 is it, mines a 06 and it had none of the wiring, i had to add it all

rb0135

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra SX6
Its on 05 model.. and yes, I have verified all wiring is in place..

Strange they decided not to include wiring after that.. Maybe cost cutting..

Rob