Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Driving license on phone.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Does that mean if we have our drivers licence on our phones and we get pulled over holding our phones we can say "no officer I was just holding my licence"?

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
One could appeal to their good nature that in good faith is carrying their licence in a digital form (and offer to produce the physical version to their local police station asap for confirmation if required).

Good nature was not one of the attributes of the particular NSW law enforcement officer that day. I wasn't doing anything wrong, just in the RBT queue.

What is the fine for not being able to produce your license when stopped by police in Australia , in New Zealand it’s $400 but can be up to $1000 in court costs if it goes that far

I don't remember, but it was a bit shy of $100, maybe more now in these days of cash strapped state gubbermints.

EDIT...… $110 currently, I think.

Last edited:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Does that mean if we have our drivers licence on our phones and we get pulled over holding our phones we can say "no officer I was just holding my licence"?

You can say whatever you like.....officer will do as officer does.

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
i already had the service nsw app which contains all your vehicle and licence details anyway so just adding a photo and a 4 pin password but i found if you logout than you have to login by entering you full user name and password
handy if you drive different vehicles and i don t know how many times i miss place my wallet

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Doh …. didn't think of this before.
Went off this morning without my wallet/drivers license, and after I discovered that, I was worried about being RBT'd, or being involved in a bingle, as I have been fined in past for not carrying my license, even though the cops had verified it on their car computer.
I wonder if the cops would accept a phone photo of license in that situation. ?
They likely would not accept it but they likely would just give you a warning because you tried to do the right thing. But using the government app they have no choice but to accept it.

Also you would want to get permission to use your phone roadside if your engine is active.

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
https://www.news.com.au/technology/...s/news-story/a60ff8a26008500ff478ffb614aef929

EIBHaoaU0AM1nmy

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Relax. What could possibly go wrong here?

I don’t have any apps at all on my phone, everything else is turned off, no updates and other stuff to confuse/irritate me.

If I load this app, will Service NSW know …..
what I have on my calendar, and what I am supposed to be doing, if I have any tit-pics, little boys or similar in my gallery, where I am at any time,
who I have phoned/messaged …….... if they so chose to intrude.

And people are worried about their privacy, but willingly share all sorts of personal stuff on apps and sites !!!!!!!

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
What is the fine for not being able to produce your license when stopped by police in Australia , in New Zealand it’s $200 , and $400 for driving unlicensed but can be up to $1000 in court costs if it goes that far

I've been pulled up in S.A without my licence on me and all the police did was check my details up on their in car computer and sent me on my merry way....This was about 12 months ago