Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

driving light mounting.

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
g'day.

i'm needing to mount some driving lights on my vs ute as i'm going to be doing alot of night driving soon and i dont want a bull bar but i could possibly deal with a nudge bar.

i was actually looking at this

Aunger Light Bar

but i dunno how strong it would be. would probably have a set of lightforce 170's hanging off it or something similar. i dont see it mounting that great unless you run ultra long bolts through it but not sure.

is there any other way of mounting these things on?

cheers :)

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais - Cooled L67 + T56 | VF SSV Ute
i've used a fair few of these.

they seem to work pretty well if they are mounted correctly. i actually mounted one on my bosses car using 4 tech screws and it held on there after a hit from a roo.

but the best way is to mount it to the bumper, with bolts through. more solid than you would expect.

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
got 1 in the shed......i had it on b4 i got a real nudge bar.....thay are kinda flimsy in regards to not realy having good mounting(you screw it on to were the number plate screws.....you could bolt it in? thay are good for small spotties. also the spread is realy narrow and no were close to the spacing on a nudge bar.....thay work ok,,,,id go a nudge bar ....that go for around $100 on ebay and australia post will delive them(ive had 2 sent via aus post to melbourne, if you get a nudge off ebay make sure it has the mounting plates)....also to got a real nudge bar on your better off taking off the front bumper to do it.....cheeeers
g'day.

i'm needing to mount some driving lights on my vs ute as i'm going to be doing alot of night driving soon and i dont want a bull bar but i could possibly deal with a nudge bar.

i was actually looking at this

Aunger Light Bar

but i dunno how strong it would be. would probably have a set of lightforce 170's hanging off it or something similar. i dont see it mounting that great unless you run ultra long bolts through it but not sure.

is there any other way of mounting these things on?

cheers :)