Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

driving light questions

neosv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
hey every1,

i have just purchased a set of IPF driving lamps and I would like to know how to install them on my VZ SV6. would someone be so kind as to offer me a step by step guide on how to install my lights?

I am a newbie and I want to be able someday to offer my newfound knowledge with a newbie too! Again I would appreciate any help anyone can give me.

Thanks, Andrew. :)

SMIT

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT C2R TURBO 5SP + CRUNCH VE SSV 6SP
hey mate, did they come with instructions? if so do you know what a relay is? if not i don't think you should do it yourself. But if you still wanna give it ago, just follow the instructions fairly straight forward., you will just have to find the high beam light on one of the headlights, if you plan on doing it legally

maldotcom2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cammed mafless VS Calais 5-speed.
If it didnt come with all the wiring you need, you can buy a driving light wiring kit from supercheap for $24, it includes instructions and diagrams. Piece of cake.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Pardon my ignorance, but why would you want to put driving lights onto an SV6 ? I thought that they cam with pretty good headlights.

neosv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
thanks for your replies, yes i do know what a relay is, it is designed so you dont have a constant 12v feed going thru the firewall and you connect the switch to the relay terminal. is that right? do the IPF wiring kits come with everything I will need including the relay? and I want a pair of driving lamps because I will be doing a bit of country driving soon. thanks, andrew.

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
heres a pic i stole off this site but i changed it to how we install them at work, basically you mount the relay somewhere on the side of the engine bay and run a 3mm twin wire from where you have your switch mounted to the relay where you cut one wire form the twin and connect those two ends to 85 and 86 (doesnt matter which way round they are). then you run the 3 mm twin to behind your headlight and splice the black and red wires to the wires coming from the plug of your H4 globe as shown in the pic (doesn't matter which way round they are it just has to be connected to the 2 vertical terminals) we solder these connections at work but you might be able to get away with using crimps, then the rest is all pretty easy

hope that helps a bit

untitled-3.jpg

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Pardon my ignorance, but why would you want to put driving lights onto an SV6 ? I thought that they cam with pretty good headlights.

LMFAO. Why would anyone put different wheels on, they come with pretty goot wheels from the factory.

neosv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
thanks for the info mate. i now have a better understanding of what i have to do. cheers, andrew.