Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Driving lights

jbray1984

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking for a VE
Has anyone found a way to keep the DRL's on at night yet? I'd be super curious to find out. I love the look of them

Shane-0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Has anyone found a way to keep the DRL's on at night yet? I'd be super curious to find out. I love the look of them

Also interested, If anything makes more sense to have them on at night especially since my next car is black, The more it stands out the better.
Just need the HSV setup.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
OP is likely talking about Daytime Running Lights, the LED strips on the front of VF's (Except Evoke)

I doubt it. He has an SV6. Probably just another tool who wants to drive around with his bloody fog lights on all the time, regardless of the annoyance it causes other drivers.

jbray1984

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking for a VE
I doubt it. He has an SV6. Probably just another tool who wants to drive around with his bloody fog lights on all the time, regardless of the annoyance it causes other drivers.

VF SV6 is standard with DRL also.

kyled2012

I.T. Technician
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais 3.6
I know that. I don't believe the OP was asking about those.
Fog lights don't turn off when Headlights/Parkers turn on, only DRL's do, which as clarified, are standard on the VF SV6.

The OP hasn't replied yet, but there is no issue with Fog's turning off when headlights are turned on, so the logical assumption would be that he is talking about the DRLs.

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
OP needs to get over it. They are not driving lights. They are DRL's, the keyword there being DAYTIME.

Black X

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Redline Ute
If we were going to find a way to keep the DRL's on at night, then I think we'd also need to change the headlights. They give off a yellow coloured light and will look pretty ordinary against the white LED's of the DRL's.

benjo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS S2 Thunder Ute
If we were going to find a way to keep the DRL's on at night, then I think we'd also need to change the headlights. They give off a yellow coloured light and will look pretty ordinary against the white LED's of the DRL's.

Good point, I also think it would need some kind of dimming switch so they come on at half power, those DRLs would be retina burning at night.

_Jay_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VF Clubsport R8
I have seen an ssv sedan with his low beam and DRL working together at night. I was driving by while he was stationary at an intersection. The DRL's also seemed dimmed so looks like its already been done. Just wondering where and how much?