Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Driving lights

trumpy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Ute
Just wondering if there is a configuration or a setting that allows the Driving lights to stay on when the headlights and parking lights turn on?

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Have you consulted the owners manual?

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
why do want them on when the headlight are on

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Are you actually referring to Fog Lights or does your vehicle have after market Driving Lights installed - in addition to the Fog Lights?
ADR's (Australian Design Rules) and Road Traffic Laws in ALL States are very specific in that you can only have two (2) headlights illuminated simultaneously when travelling in built-up areas (i.e. towns, cities, suburbs etc). You can have high beam illuminated but only in areas other than those mentioned. If you drive around with your Fog Lights and headlights illuminated then that means 4 'headlamps' lamps illuminated at the same time - a blatant breach of the laws and a ^%^##%&*(^$# annoyance to other motorists. It is also illegal to use Fog Lights on a road at any time other than low or diminished visibility e.g. Fog, Smoke, Dust.

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
Are you actually referring to Fog Lights or does your vehicle have after market Driving Lights installed - in addition to the Fog Lights?
ADR's (Australian Design Rules) and Road Traffic Laws in ALL States are very specific in that you can only have two (2) headlights illuminated simultaneously when travelling in built-up areas (i.e. towns, cities, suburbs etc). You can have high beam illuminated but only in areas other than those mentioned. If you drive around with your Fog Lights and headlights illuminated then that means 4 'headlamps' lamps illuminated at the same time - a blatant breach of the laws and a ^%^##%&*(^$# annoyance to other motorists. It is also illegal to use Fog Lights on a road at any time other than low or diminished visibility e.g. Fog, Smoke, Dust.

Incase you didn't know, VF's come standard with DRL's.

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
Do the DRLs turn off when you put the headlights on????

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
All models come standard with DRL except the evoke

Boothy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Wagon, VY Commodore
I agree, i complete and utter annoyance, mainly because drivers don't feel the need to turn driving lights off when coming towards other cars.

kyled2012

I.T. Technician
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais 3.6
I agree, i complete and utter annoyance, mainly because drivers don't feel the need to turn driving lights off when coming towards other cars.

OP is likely talking about Daytime Running Lights, the LED strips on the front of VF's (Except Evoke)