Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

driving lights

Macka21

Reaction score
Members Ride
CAMMED VY SS Series 2 M6
just bought some fog lights for my vy and just wondering is it straight forward to install these lights or wat?
at the hole on the bumper at the back of it there is a cable hanging down?

midnight.outlaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S series 2
Maybe, Series 2 VY's usually don't have the driving light wiring. (series 2 usually does)
Might have to wire it up yourself. You need an SS light switch too Unlees you put another switch somewhere. Plus a relay and fuse (or combined relay/fuse). I did write up a tutorial about a year ago, but its seems to have disappeared.

-Jase

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Yea, i've noticed in mine theres a wiring harness there too. From memory its the same as the driving lights loom, probably because the lights were an optional extra. I'm not sure how they operate though through the BCM, i'd need to look into that. But i would put in aftermarket lights and just run my own wires.

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
just bought some fog lights for my vy and just wondering is it straight forward to install these lights or wat?
at the hole on the bumper at the back of it there is a cable hanging down?

Then that would be where u connect the foglights:thumbsup:

Keeping in mind there is a difference between driving & fog lights.

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
PaulSV6, in the S packs thuogh there is no switch to switch them on seperatly. So i'm not sure how the BCM handles the driving lights and when it switches them on! I'd need to look into it with a wiring diagram that i dont have in front of me atm.

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Ok, so one thing he still needs to buy is the switch.

Are we talking about Fog lights or driving lights, cause they would be wired differently again. Driving lights turn on when u flash ur high beams & fog lights should only come on if u have ur parkers or low beams on.

-Junior-

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn auto
If the wiring is all there, then you need a relay for in the engine bay, and a switch to replace the existing one.

The one thing that i can't remember is if you need to run another wire from the switch to the cluster to illuminate the tell tale. (Think this is only if you have to wire up).

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
i put fog lights in my SV8, the wires were taped up under ther front, cut the original plugs off, hooked my lights to them, added a relay in the blank foglight spot and a SS headlamp switch and it all works. i need to figure out if i can put a globe in the cluster to let me know when there on though.

Macka21

Reaction score
Members Ride
CAMMED VY SS Series 2 M6
so the cable hanging down is for fog lights all i need to get is and ss interior switch

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
and a relay