Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Driving me Insane

Mohi

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy commodore executive S2
I just had my v6 15" stockies changed to 18" alloys with new tyres .
Everything was fine until i drove on the freeway. There was alot of steering wheel vibration around 110-130kmph mark ,first thng came into my mind was Balancing out , took it back to the tyre place , they redid it for me, next day on freeway again and when tried it ,was still there.
So was back to them, they said the disc had high point in them ,so they machined the disc and rebalanced my car. all the rebalances were free.

thought would be fine. but was on eastern today and ITS STILL THERE:rofl2: Dont know WHY..............?
All four wheels were checcked for any buckles but all were good.

Dont know why this is happening...

I have Drivin around 8000ks with these set of wheels and tyres but never experienced this becoz never use to go above 100 , but now go to melton and have to go to 110 and this drives me nutsssss.

PLZ all my mates, flood me with information , as i got a day off tomm ,so i could fix this shitty trouble.
My setup is

Rodney and jane wheels
Rockstone tyres (23/40/18) with 39Psi
Also there is little bit of leak from the Driver side end seal from the steering wheel rack(i think its the end seal. could be center as well) but i am not sure , because the oil only drips froom the left boot cover of rack.

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
I read somewhere not long ago someone had problems.. He got new tyres and his troubles went away.. Might be time for a new set of tyres.. ? I cant guarantee this will help but yeah.. Different tyres.. different speed ratings... etc..

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Really sounds odd to me.

Maybe try putting 15s on the front and 18s on the back to see of this replicates the problem, if not try the other way round.

It could be that your suspension components are worn and it's pure coincidence.

Maybe check the tyres for bulges too

Mohi

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy commodore executive S2
It could be that your suspension components are worn and it's pure coincidence.

I thought that would be, as mine is lowered on stock shocks with king lows , but had mine checked when they had it up on the hoist. my car had done round109000ks in total,so i am hoping the stock shocks are not bad , as i ride my car solo.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Out of balance or out of round tyres is my guess. Talk to BJ again.

rx2_freak

Smokes, let's go.
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Z SERIES SPORTWAGON
could be those cheap tyres you mentioned above. bung your steelies back on and drive down the freeway, see if that helps.

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
Take the car back and look at the wheels on the balance machine and see if the tyres are running true. I had a set of cheap tyres on a car when I bought it and they moved side to side as the wheels rotated and also if you looked at them from the edge they moved up and down with respect to the rim. I ditched the tyres.
Apart from that the hole in the centre of the rims that fits over the hub is the right fit for the car, ie not too big and missing the spacer rings they sometimes use on non genuine rims?

ewt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Wagon, VZ Berlina, MX73 Cressida, KE36 Corolla.
It could be the width of the centre line/groove on the tyres?

TMM

OEM+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2
Had the same problem with mine, swapped wheels front to back, problem solved. I suspect one of my tyres is slightly out of round...