Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

driving v8 in other states. allowed?

02DUBH

Reaction score
Members Ride
SENATOR
hey, I've been accepted into the army, and after all the basic training i will either be based in Sydney, Darwin, Brisbane or Townsville. After this training i will still be on my P's due to having them extended.

The question i have is, because i have a South Australian license am i able to drive my v8 legally if i get posted to Sydney Brisbane or Townsville?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
You will need to transfer your licence. So rules will apply on what the new state of licence will be.

After my 3 months at Kapooka, I changed my licence in Singleton, was on my Vic P's for a total of 3 months, NSW gave me a full open licence.

Do what works out best for you :)

02DUBH

Reaction score
Members Ride
SENATOR
alright cheers for clearing that up.

but will me having my license extended make it harder for me to transfer my license and do what you did?

gslrallysport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AWD One Tonner
You will need to transfer your licence. So rules will apply on what the new state of licence will be.
Correct. Vehicle restrictions is part of your license conditions, not the state's road rules. So QLD P plates could drive V8's in NSW, even thought NSW P platers can't, and vice versa, a NSW P plater can't drive a V8 just because they're in QLD.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
alright cheers for clearing that up.

but will me having my license extended make it harder for me to transfer my license and do what you did?

Nope, basically they will check to make sure you havent lost it etc from there they will decide best option to transfer.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
if you do transfer to NSW, you will have a valid reason for exemption anyway. i dont think youd have a problem if you applied