Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Driving without mid and rear muffler

Stupa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Storm
so drive, and enjoy. I pulled mine off a while back so i know it sounds killa

POVRTY

building 5L VB TH 400
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wm L98 caprice
yeh drive the beast. i had to do the same when my exhaust came away from the front of the first muffler. it sounded like a truck i didnt like the sound at all it was embarasing 4 me and my commy

cypher967

HSV VT 5.0 195i
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore S
HAHA 2 days driving the car and the coppers got me. now i cant drive it at all.

cypher967

HSV VT 5.0 195i
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore S
Na my mid muffler was bend coz of our driveway its pretty steep so i got one custom made and wont be there till thusday.

SaGe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II S-PAK Manual
Do you have a pipe that runs right through? or is it just cut after the cat??? if so... please dont drive! bad!

The power loss is due to N/A cars requireing back pressure, yours has zero... haha.... it wont hurt the engine but i dont reccomend keeping it that way for long!

aZk.

just to make it clear, bad if u hav no exhaust just the manifolds and the cats, but good if u hav a straight pipe leading to the back of ur car, more pipng builds back pressure. thats wat a hotdog is exhaust is, remove the restrictions by removing the mufflers not the piping. u can gain significant power by removing ur restricting mufflers even removing the cat will giv u more power gain as long as u have piping to the back of ur car thats isnt too big
......and one more thing removing ur cat or driving with a defective cat is $10,000 fine from the EPA