Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

DRLs and Headlamps

waratahs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Does anyone know if its possible to run the DRLs with the Headlamps on as well?
So far Ive only managed to be able to run one or the other.

Y.B.SHY

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F GTS
Yes it's possible and easy... buy a HSV :rofl2:

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
Are you on auto or manual headlights?

Black X

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Redline Ute
Yes it's possible and easy... buy a HSV :rofl2:

Perfect. I will buy an HSV just for night time driving. Then no one will see the horrible front end on the HSV because I'll only drive it at night. I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier.

dav0j

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
i think there's a thread on this already. would be good to have it done though. of course, with the DRL much dimmer then how it normally is during the day....

waratahs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Are you on auto or manual headlights?

Yeh so when the lights are on auto (at night) only the headlamps come on, if its day the drls are on until the auto function takes over if its a bit dull and it switches the drls off to run the headlamps.

On manual the drls are always on until you switch the headlamps on which turns the drls off...

Cant seem to run both at once.

_Jay_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VF Clubsport R8
Yeh so when the lights are on auto (at night) only the headlamps come on, if its day the drls are on until the auto function takes over if its a bit dull and it switches the drls off to run the headlamps.

On manual the drls are always on until you switch the headlamps on which turns the drls off...

Cant seem to run both at once.

I'm interested in this also.
The previous thread on this topic basically came to the conclusion that to run both headlight and DRL together you would need to see an auto electrician.
However what I'd like to know, is it possible to dim these L.E.D's for night time use since it wasn't first intended for night time dimming?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
So why would you wish to run the DRL's (Daytime Running Lights) during hours of darkness when required to have headlights illuminated !!! Might pay for you to do some research on the subject in order to ascertain what exactly is the requirement for DRL's under the ADR's (Australian Design Rules). Could save you some embarrassment with Road Traffic Inspectors and or Law Enmforcement :doh:

_Jay_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VF Clubsport R8
So why would you wish to run the DRL's (Daytime Running Lights) during hours of darkness when required to have headlights illuminated !!! Might pay for you to do some research on the subject in order to ascertain what exactly is the requirement for DRL's under the ADR's (Australian Design Rules). Could save you some embarrassment with Road Traffic Inspectors and or Law Enmforcement :doh:

You've got a point with looking into the ADR, however to be completely honest with you, I won't.
I couldn't see it being a huge deal considering many vehicles currently use DRL's "during the hours of darkness" if a cop has a problem with 'another vehicle' using dimmed DRL's at night I'll wear it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk