Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[NSW] Drop Tanks And Fuel Cells

MY_84_VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina/VX S Pac
Hi all,

I don't know if a thread already exists regarding this topic and sorry if there is but I could not find one nor could I find anything that answered my questions.

What I want to know are drop tanks and fuel cells legal in street cars?

Also to what extent can you go with one, in terms of altering body, such as wheel wells etc before needing an engineers?

And a bit off topic, but can I put a VN 5L in my VK and run a carby instead of EFI without needing engineers?

If any one could shed any light on these questions it would be much appreciated.

Cheers Luke

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
i dont know about the feul cell but in regards to the vn into the vk i dont think there would be a problem in that you can put a newer engine into the older model car

however i dont know anything about the vk's but im assuming they came with the 5L from the factory otherwise you'll still need a engineers certificate

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
as far as i know, you need a engineers report on any modification/movements of fuel tanks/cells

my bosses HK has a fuel cell and it needed a engineers report of rego, and it was just bolted down inside the boot. no cutting of the body