Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

dropping my vs ute

H

hsv_5ltr

I am wanting to put a set of ultra low springs in the rear of my ute does anyone know what is involved and what is needed to do this

V

VUkeS

not sure how its done, but ive got it done on mine and let me tell you it a rough ride

Struma

Urge Surfer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Executive Ute
Low Rear Ute

hsv_5ltr said:
I am wanting to put a set of ultra low springs in the rear of my ute does anyone know what is involved and what is needed to do this

An intention to never use the vehicle for it's designed purpose - i.e. putting anything heavier than a dog in the back.

As said before, the Bull Ant works for a living and I really hate having to swerve around every dip and bump in Brisbanes incredible roads.

I am really extremely happy with the Kings Lows and matching KYB shocks and struts that "Hornisport Craig" put on each corner of our ute (along with the complete re-bushing)

It will take any corner with level aplomb and enough slide to keep me smiling.
No body roll and it still has that "New Car Ride" feel - as well as being able to fill the back with as much load as we need without slamming the bump stops on every bit of gravel.

Uteafull.

VR_Project

Reaction score
Members Ride
MWS Improved VS Ute
Struma said:
An intention to never use the vehicle for it's designed purpose - i.e. putting anything heavier than a dog in the back.

As said before, the Bull Ant works for a living and I really hate having to swerve around every dip and bump in Brisbanes incredible roads.

I am really extremely happy with the Kings Lows and matching KYB shocks and struts that "Hornisport Craig" put on each corner of our ute (along with the complete re-bushing)

It will take any corner with level aplomb and enough slide to keep me smiling.
No body roll and it still has that "New Car Ride" feel - as well as being able to fill the back with as much load as we need without slamming the bump stops on every bit of gravel.

Uteafull.

i think he's trying to say that he disapproves of ultra lows on a ute...

AGRO_38

Formerly SLAYR
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VS UTE
hsv_5ltr said:
you will need shorter shocks, adj panhard rod, and shorter bumpstops. pedders makes short rubber bumpstops for about $25 each?

H

hsv_5ltr

Also i found out it has a weight adjuster. Can i over ride this.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
I used to have a vs ute and when i bought it it had kings in it.
I ended up taking them out, if was as rough as guts and like the other guys said, gotta be careful what you put in them.

AGRO_38

Formerly SLAYR
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VS UTE
arnt kings meant to be ruffer than pedders springs? or has the chick at pedders been feeding me bullshit again...but yeah just take ur car to pedders, as they will be glad to show you what parts you need...be careful they dont tell you everything shot :p

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
i got pedders, rough as guts. i'm used to it but whenever someone rides shotgun someone mentions how rough it is. you gotta sacrifice something to gain something, my case practicality over vanity. lol