Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Drug tests

Should people on welfare be forced to take drug and alcohol tests on request to colle

• Total voters

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Should people on welfare be forced to take drug and alcohol tests on request to collect their dole money?

For me, i think they should. I do not know 1 person whose workplace cannot drug or alcohol test randomly. Our taxes pay for people on welfare, should they not have to go through the same rules as we do to collect our money?

I can just imagine how many people would be without the dole.....

VZTHUNDER

Enhanced Custom Tuned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder MY06
yes they should
it stops the ones not using the money wisely from getting it makign them think 2ce about it

Rhino Racing

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn/vp Speedway Street Sedan
Hell Yeah!

I agree with you fully mate!:thumbsup:
If i gotta pass a regular urine test to get paid.... then so can the person on the dole who is collecting tax money on a weekly basis. Seems fair to me!;)
I started a thread back in june or july about this and it caused a bit of a stir but it was lost during the great server crash & reload etc.
I had called it something like JOB + URINE TEST = $$$$ = Dole?
But cant find it on my comp atm.

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
hell yeah, stop heaps of bdb's

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Im all for it!! but the problem with people like this is that once they get caught out they would get kicked of the dole and then most likely end up robbing someone:shooting: who works for a living to support there habit:( although if they where caught out i spose they could always get sent up to rehab in order for there payments to continue:)

Last edited:

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
Hell yes they should I'd even go one step further and say when they test positive they should be locked up. If they have no money they are likely to steal o buy drugs so be proactive and lock them up b4 it happens drugs are illegal anyway so there would be just cause in locking them up.

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 Holden VL calais project
Yeh for sure. Its not nice knowing that our money is being spent on alcohol/drugs when it could be used for other important things. But being poor = depression. Most people aid there depression in alcohol and drugs... If they test positive they shouldnt be able to recieve payments until they are clean.

Hell yes they should I'd even go one step further and say when they test positive they should be locked up.

Yeh totally duuuuuuude!!!! Instead of rapists, murderers, thief's pedophiles etc we should lock up and fill our prisons with drug users because they get high!!!!
End the damn drug war!!!

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Absolutley.
I hate the fact that my hard earned taxes in some cases are going to fund some junkies habit.

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
I vote no simply because I'm not forced to take a drug test in order to receive a salary so why should anybody else? My sister receives welfare because she has a terminally ill child. Should she be subjected to drug screening as well?

Tree cutter

Tree cutter
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais SuperchargedV6
I voted yes because i believe a lot of people cannot get work because of their drug problems. If they are found to be drug or alcohol addicts then they should be sent to rehab to help them get back on the right track. Where i work the boss has had to sack or push people into leaving because they have had drug and alcohol problems. Normally the dope smokers are late to work every day because they could not be bothered getting out of bed on time and then they only work at half pace all day anyway. We had one bloke that used speed and he just trashed everything he drove and the people that issue us with our licences would not give him a licence and told the boss to get rid of him because he was a hazard to himself and everyone around him. Then there is the alco's who have days off with a hangover or come to work throw up and then fall asleep