Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

DrZ's VXII Clubby R8

FORGIVEME

no substitute for cui
Reaction score
Members Ride
98 S3 VS STATESMAN
t/c is for girly men cut the little blue wire with an orange line on it coming out of the fuse box ftw

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
haha your only saying that because your car has no t/c lol

i dont find it that bad, just for big launches it can get annoying

DrZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman "cam only"
Apparently THIS is the best way to disable T/C if you seriously don't want it...

I have thought about it tbh.. hahaha Coz it is annoying, but you know, it literally is helpful, (my first to second gear change generally gets the tyres spinning in the wet.. regardless of how much throttle.. its just a heavy shift for me)

DrZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman "cam only"
Well a very brief update..

The Lukey Airfilter is ####in awesome, I have never had one of those put this on an save fuel mods actually work till this one.. buuut.. I will also go with the fact that i fitted new leads, new sprk plugs and new O2 sensors when i replaced the WELL over due paper airfilter.... lol My LS1 is now running round town at approx 10.4L/100km I will double check the figures after I fill up again, and yes, that is only around town, no freeway driving...

Also on a more depressing note, I just figured out that I have basically worked every Saturday for the last 8ish years.... Since I was 13.... :'( depressing much.....

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
you going to come to the meet on saturday?

DrZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman "cam only"
Probably not this one Dyl... Got alota **** on my plate atm.. haha an not much of its $.. Was thinkin about it tho.. Went on a WCC one, wasnt my favorite of things.. Haha

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
its just a meet, not a cruise. there is going to be a decent turn out, you should come. probably wont be another because im moving to VIC soon

DrZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman "cam only"
New Rim PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!

297462_255813281109580_100000427307361_965365_3576775_n.jpg

303850_255813501109558_100000427307361_965366_3754740_n.jpg

Hope they work...!

Info about the rims... They are the 19" VZ Maloo rims, they look awesome, there is some gutter rash on them, swapped em for my old Clubby ones for these with my uncle, my aunty rashed em up. lol..

They suit I think, but I think I need a slight allignment and balance, or the rubber needs to be changed out, there is alot more on road vibration coming through the steering wheel now, but not shaking the wheel more like a high pitched vibration.. lower frequency at slower speeds, so I am thinking its the tread, they are all fully directional.. on correct, 3 diff styles of tread mind you, atleast the front two are the same, rear two are different styles and amounts used, and diff compounds as ones softer just by 'feel'

So I think its just the fact that they have like zero weather veins in them and have deep grooved V pattern... so its sorta has a small vibration with every bit of new tread hittin the ground..

My uncle wasnt using them, they were in the shed, one tyre is completely new.. So likely culprit.. I am hoping it will wear down over time... Or I might have to speed up the process :p