Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

DrZ's VXII Clubby R8

FORGIVEME

no substitute for cui
Reaction score
Members Ride
98 S3 VS STATESMAN
yeah all a hi stall does is stop the car from stalling when u go to take off by letting the revs get high enuff for the car not to stall and drop below the cams rpm range man

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
and 238/242 is maaassive... hahaha can the LS1 even take that sort of lift without substantial modification?

I would only really wana replace springs lifters and a few other when doing a cam swap, an ofcourse the obligatory exhuast swap..

Short answer no, long answer is it wouldn't be going in an LS1 :p

DrZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman "cam only"
Yes that's the point of a histall. Are you going to thrash the tits off it everywhere you go though?
hahaa... no.. daily driver.. gotta try not to attract that much attn. also why i dunno if i want custom/personalized plates.. makes ur car stand out yes, but everyone remembers it. so if u decide to let one rip down a back road, u will b noticed.

Short answer no, long answer is it wouldn't be going in an LS1 :p

Good answer. it will be going into my dream 427ci LS7 :p (Actives does it whoop :D)

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
haha for 20k. ill be going similar, but ill be using a stroked LS3 block as my base filled with 427ci pistons and ****

DrZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman "cam only"
Yeah but ya want the bragging rights of saying, yeh mines an LS7 Bitches.... and LS7 wont go into HSV for a while.. lol well.... clubbys an ****

DrZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman "cam only"
But okay guys.. Say I am not going to stroke my LS1, and I am going to go down the NA path not the forced induction. BUT I want to keep it as a daily. Not a trailer queen, but I am not affraid of it attracting attention due to its ability to barely hold idle.. What size should I be looking at..? So i would still be wanting to make some fairly decent / serious power but keep it as a daily.. Would 232/234 be fine?

Also this is semi hypothetical.... Because I am still loving the idea of a blower.. Haha But I can imagine my first true engine mode will be going a NA cam swap to keep me happy for a while I save some $ for a deposit on a house or something :)

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
Eddy will be able to tune a 232/234 perfectly, when I was looking at a cam he said he had tuned many of these cams and had a hi stall that would match it perfectly for street use. He also said with OTR/full exhaust/diff gears as well as slicks you could run 11s all day.

So in other words good for the street and push 400hp.

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
400hp is alright lol. A blower will piss in 450rwhp. I'm going to aim for 700-800rwhp.

FORGIVEME

no substitute for cui
Reaction score
Members Ride
98 S3 VS STATESMAN
^^^ dyl i think me and you are on the same page my nitrous will be hooked up befor c4c8 man and ill have 520 real wheel horsepower whoooooo then maybe a blower or a turbo