Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

DrZ's VXII Clubby R8

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
yeah man id love nitrous but not sure if i want to run the risk of getting fined, cant believe its not legal here in WA. i might ask at the DPI tomorrow when i go to get my new number plate, because id love just an 100 shot and the bottle for show

DrZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman "cam only"
Its legal as long as its not hooked up, and as for the 400rwhp... Trust me... I want more then that... But I think I am just going to go with the cam first.. To allow me to save for a new block and then build it bullet proof and boost the SH!T out of it.. (thinking procharger? Push for 800hp or more?)

If not cam I was thinking whipple for now.. But like I said.. Its all a while off unfortunately... If I could I would have a different set up for every day of the week :p

DrZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman "cam only"
But next mod that will very likely happen in the near future I am thinking either tint or custom plates... What do you reckon guys? 20% tint.. or name plates.. I got a few ideas of names...

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
Nup. WA and QLD are the only states in which it's illegal to have nitrous in your vehicle period. And it carries a $20,000 fine, or so I've been told. Obviously you can have the bottle in your car otherwise you can't transport it, but any lines or fittings are illegal.

I think you would struggle hardcore to break 800hp without spending a lot of money on internals, gearbox, diff etc.

DrZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman "cam only"
Yeah I know, but it is definitely something to try and work towards isnt it? No point setting your sights low then you dont know what you couuld have acheived...

And for the blown setup I would def be modifying the internals to suit. Hence why I would go a different block.. Not the LS1.. or at the bare minimum, not the ALLOY LS1.. Go the cast iron LS1 block from the truck version...

DrZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman "cam only"
Here just a couple of happy snaps taken on my iShit at work the other day... Def bad quality and dirty dirty car.... But new pics to say the least :)

Attachments

• IMG_0030.jpg
    IMG_0030.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_0031.jpg
    IMG_0031.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_0032.jpg
    IMG_0032.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_0033.jpg
    IMG_0033.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_0034.jpg
    IMG_0034.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_0035.jpg
    IMG_0035.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_0036.jpg
    IMG_0036.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 184

DrZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman "cam only"
Having problems with my ABS module.... Yaaay.... From all my searching around JC, basically it just means I gotta buy a new one :'(

Apparently they fail often? Anyone else had an ABS that shat brix for no reason?

But hey, look on the plus side, I now know now make your traction control off and always off.... Apparently its the first thing mechanics do when they are getting an after market LPG system installed.. They disable traction control to prevent it from shutting the car down...

Don't know how legal it would be without the LPG system installed tho..

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
Is it starting up and beeping, and turning traction control off and illuminating some of the dash lights?

Happened to my car once, turned it off, started it again and never happened again, 3 months later.

FORGIVEME

no substitute for cui
Reaction score
Members Ride
98 S3 VS STATESMAN
iv had 2 cars (ls1's) do that too me man not much u can do about it lol