Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

DrZ's VXII Clubby R8

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
sound systems arent needed in a low 11sec car, ill be ditching most of it :p even considering ditching A/C, ill be trying for high 10s on slicks

on a side note how dark is 4% tint, that swift on the TKO website is insane

DrZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman "cam only"
sound systems arent needed in a low 11sec car, ill be ditching most of it :p even considering ditching A/C, ill be trying for high 10s on slicks

on a side note how dark is 4% tint, that swift on the TKO website is insane

Hahaha Yeah that tint is freaking INSANE! A mate of mine was laughing at it an going why the hell would you tint that POS that dark.. an I basically just replied with why wouldnt you? Haha... I wouldnt wanna be seen driving it either :p hahaha...

Plus he drives a V6 exec (very mint lookin) 15% on side windows and 35% on front.. lol looks mean...

And as for the sound system.. yeah the sound of a V8 capable of low 11s is enough.. although... my missus would not like that to much, as I want to make a 11 sec streeter.. (everyday car) just for shits I guess.. also I will be going FIFO as of next year, so it will become my missus car... So she wouldnt be over the moon if i told her i was guna pull power steering out, stereo, back seats, passanger seat, ditch abs and traction for a more straight forward approach, loose all the trim.. haha....

Still i think a 3grand hi-stall will be fun enough :D

but yeah thinking 20% (or rather just 22%) is the way to go aye...

So tint $400 (gotta I got quoted $399 with removal of tint)

And now I am tossing up Projector lights (+ plus HID? maybe) or plates haha.... Hmm... think i will PM you my idea(s) on plates an you will see why I am unsure of gettin em... Also still.. so noticable... can never leave the scene of the crime an not be known.. haha....

Sorta like Actives black GTO with the maaaaasive twin turbo set up, it runs stock plates.. wouldnt really notice if it wasnt for the acti.. auto... sticker across the top.. lol...

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
yeah way to dark, IMO 20% is perfect, thats what im going to get on my car. maybe 15% on the back window because its less obvious.

im looking at removing A/C just so i can have gauges were the A/C is located (brainwave of mine last night, i reckon it would look horn. obviously you have climate so you might as well keep that). also looking at things like shaved aerial hole, etc. ive got no intention of ever selling or giving my car to my missus, its my car so ill do whatever i want with it.

definately plates. i sent you some ideas.

surely that GTO isnt street driven with tubs like that lol.

DFCTV CLUBBY

HSV MEMBER
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HSV & VX HBD CALAIS
I have had that exact thing happen to me twice.. and roughly 3 months apart lol.. But I have had it for almost a year-ish now... And now this has happened.. I unplugged it and blew in the pins and connection.. Figured it used to work for my Nintendo 64 lol... Drove today and first drive was problem free but on the way back in the rain, I thought, I wonder if traction control/ABS is working properly so I revved it a lil harder off the line, it all light up and then ABS lit up an yep... It needs replacing.. Haha.... Yay.......

OOooooooon a MUCH more positive but annoy note... I am getting tax back soon! :D After ABS fixed I will have roughly $800 left.. What should I do with it guys??

These are my sort of thoughts and fights in my head and with my missus haha.. :

Tint $400
Personal Plates $550
Exhaust Headers $600
Hi flow cats $600
HID lights $170
Projector Headlights $370
Auto Shift Kit $450
Whiteline/nolethane strut brace? $???
" H/Duty Sway bar $???
New set of slotted discs and bads all round $550

Any other ideas guys.........?

And my fiance's idea.. Monaro bonnet from Savage-Fibreglass but will have to keep it black/primer for a bit coz I have no idea on $ to get a bonnet painted...

Any help much appreciated guys....!

Mate,

Best thing you can do it as much of it yourself. My god will u save some cash.

I can help with some of the parts.

- I would go and buy a factory VZ HSV brace from holden which I paid $50 for... Works great in my opinion.
- Slotted discs are about $500 for the front...which is what I paid for slotted 330mm's
- I think instead of HD sway bars just change you front end bushes to nolothaine which is what I did and total cost was $100...

My opinion but just an idea

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
yeah but actives have 2 GTO's and ive lost count how many VE's lol, plenty of cars to choose from.

DrZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman "cam only"
Mate,

Best thing you can do it as much of it yourself. My god will u save some cash.

I can help with some of the parts.

- I would go and buy a factory VZ HSV brace from holden which I paid $50 for... Works great in my opinion.
- Slotted discs are about $500 for the front...which is what I paid for slotted 330mm's
- I think instead of HD sway bars just change you front end bushes to nolothaine which is what I did and total cost was $100...

My opinion but just an idea

Nah man, its a great idea, and I am ALWAYS seriously keen on doing my own work, only issue with a few of them mods is I seriously have F all room/tools to do shiznit.. But I will likely have to hit you up for that VZ HSV brace... (or did you get tht straight from a holden dealer)

as for the brakes, its about $550 to get discs and pads from GSL rally i think, here on JC.. that I would install myself.. lights I would do myself as well... but tint and auto I cant do on my own.. haha neither can I do the bushes.. I think....? I dont know the work load involved... If i cld afford it i would have EVERY bush changed out to either whiteline or nolethane.. but can imagine thats alot of $ lol..

But i will definitely run parts by you if possible to see if you can get them for me... ;)

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
yeah id take my car there if i wasnt going forced induction

DrZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman "cam only"
Best thing you can do it as much of it yourself.

Also just to prove how much I love doing the work to my own car, last time I got it serviced at Pro Auto (was first service of the car from when I bought it, so I wanted a 'prof' to have a look over it all, I watched..

And I am getting my engine mount replaced soon, talked to the guy doing it.. He said I can watch, from a distance.. lol