Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dual 10's Vs. Single 12

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Oh no... This thread has gone way down hill.

15's can sound tight in the appropriate box. Good quality 15's can sound better than low quality 10's.

I've had 10's, 12's, and 15's of all different brands and would always recommend a 12" sub for a normal system... They are an "all-rounder", they play reasonably low and have good output.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Why has it gone down hill, i never said a 15'' couldnt, doesnt, or wouldnt sound good- I only posted my advice on a question on what a 15'' is generally good for music wise...

Last edited:

tidy_vs

Yeah Boi
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
No no and no!!!

i've been there with 10's dude n replacing 2x 10's with a single 12 will do the job however...

i suggest 2x 12's. you can pick up 2 cheap subs fro JB HI-FI for bout $150 each n they're gonna thump n you wont ever have to piss fart around ever again.

play with ya amp settings (gain etc) every 4-6 weeks n you'll wear em in nicely!

Some cheap subs love a ported box too!
(ported box's are designed to hold deep notes for longer but you'll hear it more than feel it).

anyway to sum it up mate i'd go for 2x 12's. If you've got a good amp you can make it happen with cheap subs!

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
i've been there with 10's dude n replacing 2x 10's with a single 12 will do the job however...

i suggest 2x 12's. you can pick up 2 cheap subs fro JB HI-FI for bout $150 each n they're gonna thump n you wont ever have to piss fart around ever again.

play with ya amp settings (gain etc) every 4-6 weeks n you'll wear em in nicely!

Some cheap subs love a ported box too!
(ported box's are designed to hold deep notes for longer but you'll hear it more than feel it).

anyway to sum it up mate i'd go for 2x 12's. If you've got a good amp you can make it happen with cheap subs!

I assure you my 2 Vw 250's will shatter a pair of cheap $150 12's...

Last edited:

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Oh no... This thread has gone way down hill.

15's can sound tight in the appropriate box. Good quality 15's can sound better than low quality 10's.

I've had 10's, 12's, and 15's of all different brands and would always recommend a 12" sub for a normal system... They are an "all-rounder", they play reasonably low and have good output.

Exactly. The system in my VS before I bought it had two Rockford Fosgate 15" subs in it...I don't know how expensive they were but they were part of the system which cost the guy $6k to put in...They cranked for RNB, pop, Metal, Trance, electro techno etc....

ryno_vrx

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV enhanced Berlina
i like my 12" but i have seen some very good quality 10" and even 8" subs

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
2x10's and a 12 best of both worlds nice punchy bass from the 10's and the deep bass from the 12

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
I have duel 10's and a single 12, the 10's are much better!