Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dual 12" Kicker Comp subs in kicker ported box - WHATS A GOOD CHEAP AMP I CAN GET 4IT

Jordzz

VL Calais 5 Spd ### yea
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais 5spd VT S 5spd VX Berlina VP 5spd VS Cal
as title says
Im about to pick up these "Dual 12" Kicker Comp subs in kicker ported box"
and I was just wondering what a good cheap amp would go good with it as I really dont have a clue what I should be looking for.
Cheers

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
The more information you give us, the more we can give you.If we know the model number, we can look at the impedance levels of the subs, then once we know your budget, we can begin making reccomendations for you.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
^^^^ He's on the money mate.. if you can tell us which subs they are or the specs of the subs we can give you an idea of an amp/wiring.

Cheers.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
whatever you do dont get a kicker amp, mine always overheats. :banstick:

That's a pretty silly and useless comment to make.Amp's don't overheat, unless they are being miss treated , or miss used.Your amp is most likely underpowered for it's duties, and you are putting it under too much stress.

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
That's a pretty silly and useless comment to make.Amp's don't overheat, unless they are being miss treated , or miss used.Your amp is most likely underpowered for it's duties, and you are putting it under too much stress.

it's running 2 6x9s and a sub. if anything is too much for it, its the sub. I had a less powerful one but swapped with a mate cos his amp couldnt run the sub (that I have now) at all. The sub could be damaged as well.

I thought amps could and did overheat, thanks for clearing that up for me.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
it's running 2 6x9s and a sub. if anything is too much for it, its the sub. I had a less powerful one but swapped with a mate cos his amp couldnt run the sub (that I have now) at all. The sub could be damaged as well.

I thought amps could and did overheat, thanks for clearing that up for me.

Hold up..

your running 2 6x9 inch speakers and a sub off a 600wrms monoblock??

Your problem could start there mate.