Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dual battery / Police pack / Smart alternator?

r0bsk1

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais
Does anyone have any pics of the dual battery setup up that the police have fitted?
Im wanting to add a dual battery but dont know if i can use a VSR instead of a DC-DC changer due to what i think is a "smart" alternator

Cheers

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
I think you're correct about it being a "smart" alternator, or at least a "smart" charging control system. I think you might need to find out how the charger controller decides when the voltage needs adjusting in order to be able to figure out your best option.

Ceramic

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS AWD V6
Does anyone have any pics of the dual battery setup up that the police have fitted?
Im wanting to add a dual battery but dont know if i can use a VSR instead of a DC-DC changer due to what i think is a "smart" alternator

Cheers

I can take some pics tonight, did you just want photos of the connections near the battery?

r0bsk1

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais
I can take some pics tonight, did you just want photos of the connections near the battery?

Sorry missed your reply. Connections on the cranking battery and of the placement of the secondary battery if you can please please.

The use of lithium dictates that ill need to use a dc2dc charger. I may be able to place a 4 lithium cells in front of the space wheel as theres a 100m deep void under the floor.

Ceramic

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS AWD V6
Sorry missed your reply. Connections on the cranking battery and of the placement of the secondary battery if you can please please.

The use of lithium dictates that ill need to use a dc2dc charger. I may be able to place a 4 lithium cells in front of the space wheel as theres a 100m deep void under the floor.

No worries and just to confirm - its the battery on rear left side of the vehicle?

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo

What's all the extra power needed for?