Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

dual exhaust for v6??

aussie_muscle_6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr 5s statesman
hi boys i know there is heaps on this allready but everyone seem to have diffrent thoughts on it
basicly i want the best sounding note out of my vn without the drone like most have.
i just brought a set of tuned length, Mandrel Bend "pacemaker" extractors
Primary Pipe:
1 ½"
N/A Outlet (flanged):
2 ¼
and im just wondering where to go from here.?? im not even on my L"s yet so i dont want it to be the loudest out there to bring attention to my self. (maybe a exhaust cut out for that :hmmm:) but i want a deep rumble. as close to a v8 as possible. the motor has had a bit of work shaved heads shimmed values ported intake v8 throttle body and maybe a tiny cam.
yeah i know twins are **** as most people go 2.25, but what if i went 1.75" anyone have a set up like this?? hows it sound?
the other problem i have is the body kit, the rear bar dont have anywhere for the exhaust to actually come out!! if you get me

anyhelp with this would be killah cheerrs

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
School holidays are nearly over, thank christ...

2.25" twin system.
Down one side like every other car.

Do you even know why you want to do half that BS you just posted or does it just sound good?
Because clearly you've done 0% reading on the topic.

aussie_muscle_6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr 5s statesman
twin 2.25" would = no back pressure, meaning a losss in power.....

and as to why i would want to do "half what BS" ???
if your talking about the exhaust cut out fair enough, but i dont see what other BS there is?

VR028

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII SS
twin 2.25" would = no back pressure, meaning a losss in power.....

and as to why i would want to do "half what BS" ???
if your talking about the exhaust cut out fair enough, but i dont see what other BS there is?

no back pressure is what u want. google scavenging and read about it. thats want u want. twin 2.25 is near pefect size for a v6

aussie_muscle_6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr 5s statesman
no back pressure is what u want. google scavenging and read about it. thats want u want. twin 2.25 is near pefect size for a v6

why would i read up on scavenging?? what dose that have to do with my exhaust in the slightest? if a Twin 2.25 is "near pefect" why do people only run a single 2.5"???
would twin 2.25's running straight off the extractors kill all the flow velocity??

i just want a decent sounding exhaust, with out the BS im getting.

VR028

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII SS
people run single 2.5's cause its cheaper. u said u wanted an exhaust that sounds good so i recomended a twin system. scavenging has everything to do with exhaust gasses and if your unwilling to even read about it then just keep ur standard exhaust, it would have all the back pressure u could ever want.

aussie_muscle_6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr 5s statesman
"scavenging" To search through for salvageable material: scavenged the garbage cans for food scraps, is it just me or dose it sound like this has nothing to do with exhaust gasses??

so a twin 2.25" would actually sound decent??, just arfter all the other threads people are saying it will sound like ****. twin cats?? muffler? resie?? dump tip??
thanks mate.

VR028

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII SS
well obviously u need to search for scavenging in relation to exhaust gasses. not just the actual term itself..
u need to accept that most v6's dont sound too good mate. u say u want " as close to a v8 as possible" so i would go a twin. it should give u a bit of a choppy v8 like sound
go twin cats, twin muffler, resi if u can afford it. other wise just get the single 2.5" theyre pretty cheap i sold mine for 100 bucks

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
OP, you're a fool.
Go back to highschool next week and forget about it.

People give you good suggestions and you carry on like a twat. Anyone with half an idea can see why most of the **** you're talking is****.

aussie_muscle_6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr 5s statesman
OP, you're a fool.
Go back to highschool next week and forget about it.

People give you good suggestions and you carry on like a twat. Anyone with half an idea can see why most of the **** you're talking is****.

so im just going to waste my money on a set of extractors then forget about it? i dont think so......
sorry as if i dont know as much as you, you've probs got 10+ years on me.......
if i was carrying on like a twat because every other thread ive read said twins are no good then i go put one up and people tell me there perfect so i thort you's were bullshitting to me, i actually apprecaite the help.