Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dual Exhaust

admiral8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk Calais
I was going over some old mags the other day and noticed a couple of Vk's with Dual exhausts (one on either side of the fuel tank) has anyone done this conversion or does anyone know how to do this. If possible id rather keep the fuel tank out of the boot.

cheers.

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
DO NOT run an exhaust pipe out the drivers side of your car witht he standard tank in it. If the breather hoses fail & fuel leaks out onto the hot exhaust you could have as marvin would as "an earth shattering KA BOOM!"

You basically have to run a fuel cell in boot before you should concider running a pipe out the drivers side.

cheers
Scott

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
Only way is have a pipe that runs at the back of the fuel tank. But there isn't much room between the fuel tank and the back of a VB-VK.
Either that or the stock duel zorst layout for the 5 litre VB-VKs on the left hand side of the car(the normal spot for a zorst).

vk383

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk383
just put a fuel cell in it and have your pipes out each side.I have but then you have to cut the rear bar to make it look symmetrical.Which i havent done yet