Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

dual fuel not running right on petrol

Viiper

Reaction score
Members Ride
04/03 VY SPAC S1 3.8 NA
Hello, I have an 03' v6 manual vy and it's dual fuel. It practically doesn't run at all on petrol, if I don't keep the revs up it'll pretty much stall out. Running it on the freeway and switching from lpg to petrol it starts to shudder/shake and there is no acceleration happening at all even with my foot to the floor. Any ideas as what it could be? I've put it in engeneering mode and checked the instantaneous fuel consumption and it goes to about 15 litres with my foot down.

cheers

H

harrop.senator

It's weird that it only hits 15l/100 on full throttle as I thought the reader was vac and TPS based for its reading.

Usually this is a fouled pump from being ran mainly on gas and the pumps got jammy.

Blocked fuel filter from the fuel being so old and smudging through the system.

Blocked injectors from the fuel varnishing in them from not being used often.

VT2Commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Clubsport R8
In short, Get the petrol fuel system thoroughly flushed out.

Viiper

Reaction score
Members Ride
04/03 VY SPAC S1 3.8 NA
It's weird that it only hits 15l/100 on full throttle as I thought the reader was vac and TPS based for its reading.

Usually this is a fouled pump from being ran mainly on gas and the pumps got jammy.

Blocked fuel filter from the fuel being so old and smudging through the system.

Blocked injectors from the fuel varnishing in them from not being used often.
It might not have been all the way to the floor, I hear the fuel pump prime so I don't think it's that but the sock could have dirt and **** in it, I have a fuel filter i'm gonna put on, and the injectors are brand new, I think I should siphon the petrol first and change the fuel filter and go from there. would it be easier to siphon it rather than pull the entire tank out?

H

harrop.senator

Not done one in a sedan but in Mrs ute I just drop my old fuel pump / jumper leads/ hose rig in the tank.

A lot of pump modules are accessible from the boot the sedan may be able to. You could always pull the feed line off in the bay and put 12v to pump circuit.

I think they have the anti syphon bit in the filler neck, not a guru at syphoning cars though so may be wrong.

Viiper

Reaction score
Members Ride
04/03 VY SPAC S1 3.8 NA
Fixed it, just needed to siphon some petrol out, put metho in and rev it's guts out. runs like a beaut now.