Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dual H/U DVD plus MP3....

Frandy

Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 VF SS-V M6 / '99 KN Laser
Hey guys,
THe guy that lives next door has 2 H/U's in his car, a Screen in the bottom half where it is usally storage and a MP3 H/U in the top space where the unit is normally....My question is how much work is it to wire up a screen in the bottom space?? Also with woodgrain interior, is it hard to replace?? Would look the part in a Black VS :yeah:

Cheers fellas :w00t:

pugga

More Power!!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 HSV Maloo R8
its not that hard really i have done it myself only the other week. it took some time and i have play around a bit.

will post pics if i get time

Frandy

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah would be interested in pics :) thanks mate

Is it simple as just pull out the middle, run wires behind it down to the DVD Screen and then put the centre peice back in?? Plus what brand did u go with??

Frandy

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah thats it...but with the bottom pocket, did Alan put in something like a holder or something in the bottom pocket?? It looks like it and howcome its on that angle, is the pocket on that angle??

Cheers

pugga

More Power!!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 HSV Maloo R8
yeah thats it...but with the bottom pocket, did Alan put in something like a holder or something in the bottom pocket?? It looks like it and howcome its on that angle, is the pocket on that angle??

Cheers

it has to be on an angle because of whats behind it. all you do is cut the poccket up so the unit slides into the pocket (thats the fun bit) and then fix it in

Frandy

Reaction score
Members Ride
that would be a b!tch to do :bang: Was it much work?? Sure it was... do u have to make a holder for it, or just cut out the pocket itself

Avi8or

Luxo-barging
Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice 6L
That looks good, considering I still have a stock sound system as well. That headunit which play DVD's, VCD's, MP3's etc. in that picture is from ebay, and are only about $150. Those screens are only about $120, so that could be a very cheap set-up....or I could go a brand name... Let me know what you decide!

pugga

More Power!!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 HSV Maloo R8
that would be a b!tch to do :bang: Was it much work?? Sure it was... do u have to make a holder for it, or just cut out the pocket itself

mine for the time is just sitting in there and the plastic is holding it in place becasue its a tight fit.

the head unit won't just slide into the packet you need to hack it up to get anything in it.

SaGe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II S-PAK Manual
i was thinking of doing this exactly like in that photo, but my circumstantces changed and ill being selling my car soon, but it wouldnt be too hard to do if u have the general know how and it would be quite fun, plus it would be considered an rare customistation in a commodore. good if u want ur street car to have those unique customisations without going nuts