Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

dual mass v6 flywheel

vt1998

Reaction score
Hi i just had my dual mass flywheel machined from my 1998 vt v6 $50 they checked the flywheel and said its ok and will last a fair while yet, put the car back together and its great no noises no rattles and no shuddering, Thanks to john and scott atWestern clutch service in StMarys (Sydney)

Gothevu

Off the chain
Reaction score
Members Ride
VU S2 Ute - 5 sp manual
How much did it cost for labourer vt1998

vt1998

Reaction score
Hi
I did it myslf at a mates workshop on his hoist but to be serious if they charged anymore than $200 labour plus parts they are ripping people off plus the trip to sydney to get it machined , i spent in total maybe 2 hours all up plus the drive to st marys from wollongong, the clutch kit aint real cheap but i was qouted anywhere from $530 to $320 i ended up using an excedy clutch kit which everyone recommended and i was told to stay away from PBR as they tend to shudder, I hope it helps but any back yard mechanic with a trolley jack and stands and some very basic mechanical background can seriously do this clutch change EASYYYYYYYY and plus use brand new flywheel bolts $12 at hold for 8
:yeah: :yeah: :yeah: